Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Mud, mud, and more mud. Took the fronty (2wd) and my girl's 4x4 4Runner. I spent most of the time sliding around hoping I wouldn't smash into any obstacles. It sprinkled/misted the whole day, creating a lot of tiny streams of water running down the trails. The mud was pretty thick, keeping my tires caked. No damage to either of the trucks, but there were some really close calls while sliding down trails.

All clean at the entrance of the park

Leavin the park:

And 1 short mudding video...pretty weak, i know...

YouTube - Hollister Mudding.AVI

·
Registered
210 Posts
looks like a lot of fun. nice looking truck.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Good looking truck. I am a big fan of the blackout.

That mud hole looks like some of the roads around here after all the snow and freezing. I have seen potholes that would eat a school bus.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Nice! I been itchin' for a Hollister run..
Those trails get pretty slippery when the water runs off the top. Good to see it went well!

Next Sunday?

·
Premium Member
1,951 Posts
Love the truck, like the all black, lift and wheels.
what do you mean looks brown to me:laugh:

nice pics one of these days i wanna come check out hollister

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
..one of these days i wanna come check out hollister
^just don't let your girl see the Gilroy outlet mall on the way down.. you might get side tracked. :)

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Nice! I been itchin' for a Hollister run..
Those trails get pretty slippery when the water runs off the top. Good to see it went well!
Next Sunday?
Yea, the trails were steadily eroding and changing while i was there. I'd go up one trail, get stuck and turn around....but on the way down, i'd find the edges of the trail had slid away or a new rut was carved down the center by the water running down. I probably won't be able to make it out next sunday, but we'll see. I'd really like to have a LSD or locker for the next time I hit hollister. The open diff killed me out there... Maybe i'll have to convince the girlfriend to let me take the yota out to play...4x4 with rear locker definitely felt more comfortable on the wet trails.

hollister is evil..
lol. You're not the only one who thinks that. There seems to be a lot of people that get bad vibes from hollister.

·
Registered
9,344 Posts
lol. You're not the only one who thinks that. There seems to be a lot of people that get bad vibes from hollister.
I gernaded a CV at the bottom of truck hill.. the thing is I was crossing a little 6 inch deep ditch when I did it.. I also had a friend dump his bike there and brake a callor bone.. so both of us have sworn not to go back..

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
I gernaded a CV at the bottom of truck hill.. the thing is I was crossing a little 6 inch deep ditch when I did it.. I also had a friend dump his bike there and brake a callor bone.. so both of us have sworn not to go back..
:laugh: my truck likes it there :laugh:

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
Dude I'm loving the sick pictures man. This looks like lots of fun. I might have to hit this up once I move up there for college next year.

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
Im going to the california maritime academy in vallejo. But I might not be able to have my truck up there the first year unfortunately. I think I might go crazy if this is the case.

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
store it at wolfmans house, he is right across the bridge. Of course we may need to blow the spiderwebs out a few times while you are on cruise:laugh:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Nice looking truck. Looks like a lot of fun.

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
store it at wolfmans house, he is right across the bridge. Of course we may need to blow the spiderwebs out a few times while you are on cruise:laugh:
seriously man. i hate to say it, but im going to miss my truck so fricken much. maybe as much as my family. hahahaha.:):):) And yah Ive heard wolfman is really close.

·
Premium Member
1,951 Posts
i got family in american canyon pretty much attached to vallejo and in napa so ill be around:)if you keep the truck at nizmuts house you dont have to pay a toll:laugh:

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
:laugh::laugh: not overhauling, but maybe chopshop :laugh::laugh:

Hey Tim you worken or what? I've been working a few days.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts