Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So the women will be out of town and I want to take advantage and get soem driving in assuming the weather is nice. I have never been to Hollister so I am really looking forward to going. I also want to get a head start on the camping season and try out my Truck Tent lol.

My schedule really sucks and I work weekends, which is why I am posting this a month early so any of those that want to go, can maybe get the time off, or fit it in their schedule. There is a few ways we can all do this but either way I plan on doing something like this:

Get to Hollister the 27th (Tuesday) in the AM or early afternoon. Drive around explore the park. Camp over night, drive the park again. I am also looking up some trails or anything else to do on the way back from Hollister, maybe hit up Frank Raines Park since it is right of HWY 5

I will most likely go regardless if anyone from here goes, I will drag my buddy with his Titan, tho if noone else camps, I may not do that.

I have also checked their events calendar and there are no posted events after the 25th. so camping and all trails should be open

So who is down to go!

1. Project510 +2 (Friends)
2. Webfur NewX (Tuesday only)

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Hollister Hills
State Vehicular Recreation Area
7800 Cienega Road
Hollister, CA 95023
(831) 637-3874

Upper Ranch map

Lower Ranch map

Camping
Facilities: The Upper Ranch has two family campgrounds, Sycamore and the Obstacle Course Camp. Each campground accommodates about 60 people. The Lower Ranch has five campgrounds. All camp sites have flush toilets. Walnut Camp in the Lower Ranch and Sycamore Camp in the Upper Ranch have showers. Camping at Hollister Hills requires no reservations and all sites are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. The camping fee is $10 per night. Check-in at the Ranger Station for available camp sites and to pay your fees. No hookups are available in the campgrounds.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
So Tuesday is the for sure date. I will just save my vacation days for some camping at Big Sur hopefully next month.

Anyone else down for Hollister on the 27th!

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Soooo forecast still shows rain. We have a couple options here:

1. Push date to Thursday, which is cloudy but 71 with some sun
2. Push it 1 week to the following Tuesday which is ALL SUN and 81

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Forecast has not changedfor Tuesday, still shows Rain.. Bummer

next Tuesday weather calls for ALL SUN and 81 degrees so lets push this back.

New Date is :

May 4th, 2010

can I get a mod to change the title of post to show new date, it may attract other drivers

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
I might go there this Sunday("partial" closure of upper ranch) to fool around.. Shoot ya guys a heads up the areas...

·
Registered
395 Posts
im down. I will be making the trip from fresno. My truck is stock soooo think i will be able to hang with ya guys without doing any damage. No $$$$$$ for the lift right now.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Ok so from Club Frontier going its:

Project510
Wolfman437
nismo08frontier

Wolf your from the Richmond area
I am in Fremont
nismo your in Fresno

Wolf, did you wanna meet up near my house? We will also be meeting up with an Xterra in the south bay then heading their. Nismo you can just meet us there. I would like to get there by 10, but traffic coming from the Bay Area will suck. So I say we meet at 11 at hollister

Whats everyone bringing?

I am bringing:

Repair stuff:
Tools
Jack stands
Highlift +hl winch kit

Food & Drinks
I can bring plenty of cold water
some chips or snacks

I would suggest bringing food, that way we don't have to leave for lunch.

James

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Had a good time @ Hollister today..

^the mud pit..
Trails are in preety good shape, lotta gravel on the top of McCray Rd. and bottom of West trail.

You guys will have a blast!

·
Premium Member
4,118 Posts
Charge your camera!!!

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Oh yea forgot to add that to the list, I will have video and photo with me..

I will be shooting with a D300 and I have a 2.8 24-70 and 17-50

The cam is a standard sony digital not HD tho.. :(

1 - 20 of 30 Posts