Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hollister Hills anyone? Aug 13th

I'll probably be heading to Hollister Hills this coming Thursday (Aug. 13th) since i have the day off. I'm still not sure if any of my local buddies will be able to make it, so for now it will pretty much be a scouting run to check out the easier trails and experiment with my truck.

As of right now, i don't plan on getting myself into anything too hairy since im a 2wd, but it all depends on who shows up. My primary goal is to see what's out there in the hills and to get away from the city for a day...I just wanted to see if anyone was interested in a morning/afternoon run this Thursday?

PS: let me know if anyone wants to help organize another Sunday run at Hollister Hills sometime in the near future.....Cow Mountain is just too far for me.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
If it was a Sunday deal I'd be good to go... things might not be fully re-worked by then.. but..?

least if your 2wd you don't have to worry about gernading a CV joint.. :)
^ Haha... 4x2s only got one end to grenade; it not good when that happens :(

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
haha...I'm sensing a bad experience in the hills, mustard?

I'm definitely down to make a run on a sunday in the next couple weeks.
This week, however, i'm gonna stick with Thursday, only because I've requested the day off for my bday. :)

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Happy B-bay man.. any gifts to self/truck? lol.

It'd be cool to set-up a Hollister run; I think that's Residual's neck of the woods too. Another PC run wouldn't be bad either; I'd be able to see how some changes will work in the same terrain.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea i'm down for a PC run if my schedule allows. I'm interested in checking it out, and Sac isn't too far.

Thanks, and yea...i already got a couple early "b-day gifts" for the truck :mrgreen:
Picked up a new set of 33" BFG MT km2's last week, and i just lifted the rear another inch yesterday. It also seems like my truck is just begging for an intake :) ...but I'm really *trying* to put a halt on the spending, so we'll see what happens...

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah I gernaded a CV on small ditch on my way to hit truck hill.
Bummer...yea i was reading through some old posts and saw you mentioning to Mitch that the park is jinxed. haha. I really want to check out this Truck Hill that everyone talks about...i'm sure the youtube videos don't do it justice.

There's some people on thenewx.org that just went there and posted some pictures, maybe see if some X-Terra's are up for going.
Thanks for the heads up. I checked it out and found the post. I definitely won't be hitting any black diamonds without a couple of 4x4 guys to pull me out. :laugh:

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
that run was fun, pawned every one down in that gully:laugh:

I was sure mitch was going to grenade something trying to get up that step up after the mut did:laugh:

·
Registered
144 Posts
I might be up for tagging along. I'm 140 Miles from there though, and if its anything like the time before last, and I chew up my front CV, I'll have to make sure that there's an auto store close by. I'll get back to you. What time are you planning on getting there, and how long? It's pretty short notice, and i'll have to put on the off road tires and make sure the boss didn't have anything planned that night. So it's pretty iffy right now. Plan it for a weekend, you'll have more show up. Do you have the locker or are you open?

Happy Birthday, by the way.

·
Registered
144 Posts
My CV is two pieces. If it breaks, it must be disconnected and removed or replaced otherwise it'll violently thump anything and everything around it. Last time it happened, I was caught with my pants down and had to limp home on inside roads.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I might be up for tagging along. I'm 140 Miles from there though, and if its anything like the time before last, and I chew up my front CV, I'll have to make sure that there's an auto store close by. I'll get back to you. What time are you planning on getting there, and how long? It's pretty short notice, and i'll have to put on the off road tires and make sure the boss didn't have anything planned that night. So it's pretty iffy right now. Plan it for a weekend, you'll have more show up. Do you have the locker or are you open?

Happy Birthday, by the way.
Thanks man. Yea, it was pretty short notice...just a spur of the moment thing that i came up with this week, so I just thought i'd throw it on the forum and see if anyone wanted to join me. Honestly, I have very little experience wheeling my truck, so this will be more of a practice/experiment run....i would definitely be willing to try to tackle some of the more difficult terrain in the park, if a 4x4 rig was with me, but so far, all of my local buddies are working on Thurs. To answer your other questions, no i don't have the locker... I plan on getting to Hollister around 12 or 1pm and only staying for a few hours...maybe untill around 4pm, depending on how much exploring i end up doing on the green and blue trails.

Either way, hopefully we can organize a Hollister meet sometime soon on a Sunday. Possibly towards the end of August? Almost any sunday is good for me.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Looks like a no from me. Sorry. But if you go, don't worry so much about getting stuck, worry about having fun. If there's anyone there, they'll most likely be willing to help you out of a pickle.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It's cool. Yea, i'm going to see what i can find thats relatively safe for a 2wd. A lot of the park looks like green and blue trails, so i'm sure i'll find enough to keep me busy for a while.

I'll bring a cooler filled with food and beer in case i have to wait a while for someone to get me unstuck :)

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
How'd it go today?
Any pictures to share?
^+1
I've been wanting to check that place out.. Hollister SVRA is within my AAA tow limit too! :brokenleg:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts