Nissan Frontier Forum banner
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
WACK2005 said:
WELL, AFTER SOME MODS TO THE TRUCK & THE LIGHTS, THEY FINALY FIT. IT LOOK'S LIKE THE ROCKET SCIENTIST FORGOT TO TAKE INTO ACCOUNT, THE GAP NEEDED TO CLEAR THE TAIL GATE LOCKING BOLT ON THE INSIDE. THAT'S WHY THEY FIT WITH THE GAP AT THE TOP.
yeah, can you post pics and show me what you did? sorry, i'm a visual person. i'm thinking that vertexracing might send me another similar set and i have to do the same thing you mentioned. i hate to do unnecesary mods because i shouldnt have to, but i might need to in this circumstance.

i kind of understand what you are saying but my problem was the top screw (to attach the taillight to the truck) made the taillight stick out. so i thought the problem lied with the design of the tailight.

like chinaman said, PLEASE :D

·
Registered
24 Posts
WITH THE TOP SCREW I HAD TO REMOVE THE INCERT & TAKE A 1/4'' FROM THE PLASTIC, & THEN REINSTALL THE INSERT. BUT I THINK YOU WILL FIND THAT WON'T BE ALL YOU HAVE TO DO. IN PIC 1 YOU WILL HAVE TO REMOVE THE 2 LITTLE LOOPS THAT HOLD THE TAILGATE LOCK BOLT IN PLACE. THIS IS WARE THE MOLD MAKER LOST TOUCH WITH REALITY, & SCREWED UP ! YOU MAY HAVE TO BACK THE BOTTOM INCERT OUT A LITTLE TO MAKE ADJUSTMENTS. AS ALWAYS YOU MAY HAVE TO DO MORE. I ALSO HAD TO PUT A LONGER BOLT WARE THE STABALIZER PIN GOES. A 2'' BOLT WITH THE HEAD CUT OFF WORKS WELL. I ALSO HAD TO ALONGATE THE BOLT HOLES FOR THE TAIL LITE BOLTS. I HOPE THIS HELPS, IF NEED BE YOU CAN CALL ME & I CAN HELP OVER THE PHONE. YOU SHOULD ALOT ABOUT 2 HOURS TO DO THIS MOD, BUT THEY DO LOOK REALY GOOD.

WACK

Attachments

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
WACK2005 said:
WITH THE TOP SCREW I HAD TO REMOVE THE INCERT & TAKE A 1/4'' FROM THE PLASTIC, & THEN REINSTALL THE INSERT. BUT I THINK YOU WILL FIND THAT WON'T BE ALL YOU HAVE TO DO. IN PIC 1 YOU WILL HAVE TO REMOVE THE 2 LITTLE LOOPS THAT HOLD THE TAILGATE LOCK BOLT IN PLACE. THIS IS WARE THE MOLD MAKER LOST TOUCH WITH REALITY, & SCREWED UP ! YOU MAY HAVE TO BACK THE BOTTOM INCERT OUT A LITTLE TO MAKE ADJUSTMENTS. AS ALWAYS YOU MAY HAVE TO DO MORE. I ALSO HAD TO PUT A LONGER BOLT WARE THE STABALIZER PIN GOES. A 2'' BOLT WITH THE HEAD CUT OFF WORKS WELL. I ALSO HAD TO ALONGATE THE BOLT HOLES FOR THE TAIL LITE BOLTS. I HOPE THIS HELPS, IF NEED BE YOU CAN CALL ME & I CAN HELP OVER THE PHONE. YOU SHOULD ALOT ABOUT 2 HOURS TO DO THIS MOD, BUT THEY DO LOOK REALY GOOD.

WACK
THANK YOU wack! i think i understand what you did but have to look at my taillight again to make sure. i'm sure i will have questions after i look at it. one question though, what do you mean when you say you had to elongate the bolt holes for the taillight bolts?

other than that, im going to look at my taillight tonight and get back to you. i already sent the taillights back and will wait for the replacement pair (thats when i'll call you :wink: ).

the taillights look great. now youre making me wonder if i should have gotten the chrome one instead of the black set.

if i undertake this project, its gonna be my first real test of my do it yourself skills.

thanks again...

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
WACK2005 said:
ELONGATED MEENS TO OPEN THE STOCK HOLE TO GET IT TO LINE UP. A DREMIL TOOL WORKS GREAT. HERE IS A PIC TO HELP.
now i get it. got home late last night and had to spend time with my baby boy so didnt have time to look at the taillight. i think i understand all the steps you had to do to make the taillight fit. in my head, i think i can do it. as for actually making it happen, now that's a different story.

one more question. i understand the part about removing the metal insert for the screw, but what did you use to shave the 1/4" off from the plastic? i dont have the taillight but im imagining that you opened up the plastic to accommodate the insert and get the insert to sink in deeper. am i right? sorry, just going off memory of the taillight. plus the memory was blurred because of dissappointment at that time. :(

thanks again wack....

·
Registered
24 Posts
NO, AFTER YOU REMOVE THE INCERT. CUT OFF 1/4'' OF THE PLASTIC WARE THE INCERT SCREWS INTO THE TAIL LITE, MARKED BY THE RED LINE, AS IN THE PIC LABLED #1. THEN PUT THE INCERT BACK IN. PIC #2 IS A VIEW, AS IF YOU ARE LOOKING AT WARE THE INCERT GOES INTO THE PLASTIC. THE BLACK CIRCLE IS THE PLASTIC, THE WHITE INNER CIRCLE REPRESENTS THE METAL INCERT. PLEASE DON'T MAKE THE HOLE IN THE TAIL LITE ANY BIGGER. THE HOLE YOU MIGHT NEED TO MAKE BIGGER IS ON THE TRUCK, WARE THE SCREWS THAT HOLD'S THE TAIL LITE IN PLACE GOES.

Attachments

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
WACK2005 said:
NO, AFTER YOU REMOVE THE INCERT. CUT OFF 1/4'' OF THE PLASTIC WARE THE INCERT SCREWS INTO THE TAIL LITE, MARKED BY THE RED LINE, AS IN THE PIC LABLED #1. THEN PUT THE INCERT BACK IN. PIC #2 IS A VIEW, AS IF YOU ARE LOOKING AT WARE THE INCERT GOES INTO THE PLASTIC. THE BLACK CIRCLE IS THE PLASTIC, THE WHITE INNER CIRCLE REPRESENTS THE METAL INCERT. PLEASE DON'T MAKE THE HOLE IN THE TAIL LITE ANY BIGGER. THE HOLE YOU MIGHT NEED TO MAKE BIGGER IS ON THE TRUCK, WARE THE SCREWS THAT HOLD'S THE TAIL LITE IN PLACE GOES.
you are a god! i dont have my taillight but your pics made it so much easier to understand. btw, may i ask what you do for a living? the pics make me assume that you are an engineer or something.

what did you use to cut the plastic?

thanks and no more emails with questions after this one...

·
Registered
24 Posts
IF YOU HAVE A DREMEL TOOL, USE THE CUT OFF WHEEL. IF NOT YOU CAN USE A HACK SAW, JUST BE CAREFUL. AS TO THE QUESTION WHAT I DO FOR A LIVING, I AM AN ENIGINNER IN THE U.S. COAST GUARD. GLAD I COULD HELP, LET ME KNOW HOW IT TURNES OUT. JUST TAKE YOUR TIME & ALWAYS TEST FIT AFTER EVERY THING YOU DO. YOU MIGHT HAVE TO PUT THE LIGHTS IN & OUT 10 TIMES. HERE IS MY EMAIL ADDRESS ( [email protected] ) IF YOU NEED ANY MORE HELP.

WACK

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just bought some euros and i just got them but i was looking at the taillights there are no screws or anything how the hell do you get them off and on? 04 frontier

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
InTheEnd14 said:
I just bought some euros and i just got them but i was looking at the taillights there are no screws or anything how the hell do you get them off and on? 04 frontier
On the 04 Frontiers the screws are behind the bed liner. So you have to work around the bed liner by pulling up on center of bed liner at the tailgate and the ends will have enough room for you to get to the screws. You will have to get the bed liner around the bed extender brackets if you have those.

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
those euro tails are pretty cool but IMO the stock ones look better. i am hoping that a company steps up and produces one of those LED tailights though. i think they look better......

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I would think that it is obvious that aftermarket taillight/headlight manufactures aren't goin to make their products with quality parts and proper fitting because that wouldn't be the best way to make the most money. They will just kinda through it all together and then sell it to people who think it is cool. But I'm sure plenty of people are thinkin the same thing about TBS's :p

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
InTheEnd14 said:

I think you have to use your mounting brackets off the stock lights for the new ones.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I was just wondering if since this thread was started, has anyone found any sets for 05 / 06 that fit properly without modifications?

·
Registered
333 Posts
I wouldnt buy it period looks like crap, you cannot honestly beat the stock light. Look at altezza's on honda's absolute crap, I thought this fad was gone already

21 - 40 of 49 Posts