Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i usually wait for to see an accessory installed on another auto before purchasing. but i got so giddy when i saw the euro taillight that i just had to get it. before i get to the bad news, here is a pic of it installed:

not bad looking, right? think again. here it is close up:

as you can see, the taillight does not sit flush. with the uneven placement, now there is a gap at the top, which easily exposes the lighting wires to the elements.

man, was i so disappointed. i have an email sent to vertexracing. i sent the same images for them to see. im hoping my taillight set is just a defective set and the rest are okay.

live and learn i guess. :) keep positive and it will work out in the end. so hold off on purchasing. i'll keep you all updated.

·
Registered
39 Posts
bummer

bummer

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
couldn't wait so i just gave them a call. i have to mail the item back and they have to make sure what i said is true. i asked them about test fitting and they said they do. upon inspection, they are going to mail me another pair.

someone on the TUNFS forum purchased both the headlight and taillight. i hope his fits so maybe mine was just an isolated incidence. will update you all again....

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
I thought they looked up side down on eBay,You would think the brake light goes up top.If thats the way they go on then i'll wait for something different.Thanks for testing it out for all of us that are looking to do the same thing.

·
SHIFT_Otaku(Assist - Adm)
1,482 Posts
I'm sorry But I have to say this...

Please dont hate me....

but they look like a$$....

I guess I am just getting old...

I like the look of the stock lights better I guess....

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
tc3driver said:
I'm sorry But I have to say this...

Please dont hate me....

but they look like ***....

I guess I am just getting old...

I like the look of the stock lights better I guess....
how old can you be? sounds like you can't be older than 12yrs. old, right? :wink:

no worries, it's all good. an opinion is just what it is, an opinion. i like'em and that's all that matters....just wish they would fit. :D

·
Registered
838 Posts
a bead of slicone will take care of that. i come to realize it is typical w/ these aftermarket companies. they never seem to size them right. i had the same problem w/ my bike turn signals and the silicone held up nicely. sorry to hear about it because they do look pretty sharp.

·
Registered
838 Posts
burt, there is no such thing as (altezza) lights for bikes! we are not all kids on those "rice rockets" either! nice generalization.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
The ones that everyone is buying from it vertexracing, this one was from directshoponline. I dont know what the difference would be, if it the same.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
WACK2005 said:
I JUST GOT MINE TODAY, & YEA THEY DON'T FIT RIGHT . SO MINE ARE GOING BACK ALSO.
i knew it! i was beginning to question my manhood and the ability to screw in a taillight. whomever made the mold for this taillight was smoking something and messed up...

gfronty05 said:
The ones that everyone is buying from it vertexracing, this one was from directshoponline. I dont know what the difference would be, if it the same.
i dont think it matters whether it is from vertexracing or another company because they all probably buy from the same source...

EDIT: i just happened to look at the ebay link that arnold posted and i noticed its the same phone number as vertexracing! 8O

·
Registered
24 Posts
WELL, AFTER SOME MODS TO THE TRUCK & THE LIGHTS, THEY FINALY FIT. IT LOOK'S LIKE THE ROCKET SCIENTIST FORGOT TO TAKE INTO ACCOUNT, THE GAP NEEDED TO CLEAR THE TAIL GATE LOCKING BOLT ON THE INSIDE. THAT'S WHY THEY FIT WITH THE GAP AT THE TOP.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts