Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like a harness that is easy to install (4 way) and that can be plugged in without any splicing. I called the Dealer and they want $127.00. Don't know the part number. I see harnesses for $50-60 on the internet. Any advice?

Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
11,075 Posts
I looked at courtesy parts and it was $127. I put one on my 2002 and don't remember it being a full body harness. I recall unplugging a connector and putting this in between. The harness the dealer is looking at is from front to back.
Don't buy one that requires cutting wires.

Clint

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I'm going to buy a Curt Class III hitch off eBay from an authorized dealer ($167 including shipping vs. about $220 at AutoAnything). Probably go with the Dealer's wiring at $127. The guy at the Dealer thought it was wired to the back of the truck already (and you just ran a short harness) but I went out and looked and didn't see wiring except for the rear lights.

·
Registered
48 Posts
When I put a class three hitch on my old 99 Frontier KC, I bought a wiring harness for around $40 as I recall. I simply plugged into the taillight wiring harness and worked like a champ. You unplugged a connector on the taillight harness and inserted the new one. Took like 5 minutes to install. No wire cutting or splicing. I think I got it from one of the big box auto parts stores (Autozone, O'Reilly's, NAPA, one of those)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome. I'll check with them first. They can usually show you how to do it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts