Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They are all about the same. I have a hidden hitch. Just don't get one of those one size fits most kinds that bolts together.
Well yeah I figured that was a given! I'll get one from etrailer. I believe the 2 they have are the curt, and drawtight. Look about the same, rated the same, cost is about 10-15 bucks difference

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,268 Posts
I have the OEM one (not sure if it's Nissan or they just rebrand) but I've had a Curt on my other vehicle since 2010 and aside from a faded decal it still works/looks as good as new (and I used it at least 3 times a week for over 3 years straight)

·
Super Moderator
11,721 Posts
Curt makes very good products but still prefer the OEM one. Make sure you buy an OEM harness and relays.

Clint

·
Registered
964 Posts
OEM hitch paint is garbage and it rusts as soon as you look at it funny. However, it is the only one on the market that includes the 7-pin plug socket bracket.

·
Premium Member
7,268 Posts
OEM hitch paint is garbage and it rusts as soon as you look at it funny. However, it is the only one on the market that includes the 7-pin plug socket bracket.
I look at mine funny all the time and it still looks fine hahaha

·
Registered
7,020 Posts

·
Registered
992 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I already have the wiring harness and the wiring/relays on order. I won't be using the mounting bracket for the 7pin. Just going to install in the bumper to the left of the license plate.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have the Reese one, no complaints although I don't like the plate steel they use for the safety chains as some hooks can be difficult to get on there. I did like you are intending and mounted the plug through the bumper.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts