Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
3,063 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
man i would do that package but the mulas to much...
i already have new shocks on there which suprised the crap outa me the other day with the way the performed (articulation wise).
and also i live in the south we have no real need for articulatin cus we mud... haha
but it is use full
in the basic package it says either shackles or aal which would you go with??

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
man i would do that package but the mulas to much...
i already have new shocks on there which suprised the crap outa me the other day with the way the performed (articulation wise).
and also i live in the south we have no real need for articulatin cus we mud... haha
but it is use full
in the basic package it says either shackles or aal which would you go with??
AAL all the way

·
Premium Member
1,379 Posts
shackles tend to de arch your leafs... AAL's wont....

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
nailed it. and aal increases your load capacity

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
shackles tend to de arch your leafs... AAL's wont....
this is a myth

the reason why leafs go bad with longer shackles is because it causes them to be able to move past what they were designed to with the short stock shackles... longer shackles usually allow the pack to be able to negative arch because when pressure is put up (ie when you flex) the longer shackles allows the pack to go flatter due well to its length... this isnt possible with the shorter shackle cuz its shortness prevents the pack from fully fanning out

obviously tho, you dont flex unless your offroad and well, thats why packs go bad, street only driven trucks with shackles do just fine

every time you negative arch a spring, it starts killing its over all spring rate

1 - 10 of 10 Posts