Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i know its super short notice but me and bigfoot1080 from clubx are gonna hit the highlakes ohv area tommorow its about an hour and a half from chico up in the mountains neither of us have ever been there before it seems like its mostly described as rubicon like trails:crikey:from what i have read everyone is more than welcome to come check it out with us :)

Friends of The High Lakes - Portal

i didnt figure anyone wanted to come up this far well take some pics let you know how it was :)

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
heres the pics was a good time wasnt too hardcore but we got a few hours down some back roads and turns out the forest service has had problems with some clubs and has placed boulders so the trail was only 89" wide to keep the full size guys out were going to try the north entrance to the highlakes in a couple weeks if anyone wants to come even if we did fit we ran into a local out panning for gold and he said that a mile up the road it was some pretty hardcore rockcrawling and neiter of us would make it also neither of us have skids or sliders so we turned around he who fights and runs away lives to fight another day

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
6 hour drive for me... Won't go any further than 2-3 hours. Looks like you guys had fun though. <Thread jack>I'll take some shots of my truck for you, i haven't forgotten. <end>

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
6 hour drive for me... Won't go any further than 2-3 hours. Looks like you guys had fun though. <Thread jack>I'll take some shots of my truck for you, i haven't forgotten. <end>
thanks dude i still wanna see it and yeah i know were a ways away from most nor cal peeps but just wanted to throw it out there

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Nice to have that kinda terrain/lakes in your backyard!

3 hour drive for me... >5 for the AAA guy lol.

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice to have that kinda terrain/lakes in your backyard!

3 hour drive for me... >5 for the AAA guy lol.
:laugh::laugh:i love it when you judge where u can wheel by how far AAA will get ya but i dont think a tow truck would ever find you were we were two hours out in a maze of logging roads and no cell phone reception till you get back to the highway lots of people have to use ham radio out there cause cb's dont even work good from what ive heard

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
me and ian (bigfoot1080) are going back up today for another run back through the woods but taking a different route well try and get some more pics and maybe even find the highlakes :)

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Damit, you guys are having too much fun without us. I say we need to do a 4 to 5 person meet in redding!

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
were gonna camp overnight so technicly we will be there on sun but hungover and tired so probably not much wheeling except to get back out lol any way you got a pretty bad track record for showin up these days wolfman i heard you didnt make it to hollister either:crikey: but as far as a meet goes im down but i dont know of any trails in redding its just as far from chico as sacramento thats the benefit of having two guys on the forums that live in chico besides my self whenever we got free time we go wheelin in the hills around here no plans no destination just pick a dirt road and take it but the highlakes are supposed to be pretty knarly i heard if you can make it in and back out of morris lake area up there youll make it anywhere in the rubicon :) needles to say the fronty aint going down that trail if its as cool as they say we should have a meet up there any long distance travelers can camp or crash at my pad for the night

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Wheel and camp safe guys!

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well we found the promise land and it was good we only went to the first lake spring valley lake and turns out it was a national trail clean up day so there were about 20 bada$$ rigs parked there having a raffle and pot luck dinner we met a lot of cool people drank a lot of beer and camped out for the night (no pics of the other rigs didnt want to be the new weirdo takin pics of strangers lol)this was probably one of the coolest places ive ever camped at awesome scenery and you have to have 4wd to get down to the lake so the only people there are people who love to wheel and it only gets harder the farther in you go we decided not to go past the first lake till we get our sliders fabbed up :)would be a great place for a meet for those that wanted to camp in the woods maybe do some fishing

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Great lookin' trip! glad things went well.
... you have to have 4wd to get down to the lake so the only people there are people who love to wheel and it only gets harder the farther in..
^No 4x2s ?

Where the fish at :huh:

·
Registered
431 Posts
nice spot. gonna map that and see how far from sac that is. looks like a blast. what land type is that blm, national, state ??? looks like a sick place to wheel and set up a gun range.

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Great lookin' trip! glad things went well.

^No 4x2s ?

Where the fish at :huh:
well you can make it down to the lake but out is the problem:) you might be able to make it but its kinda steep and lots of rocks to ruin momentum but yeah it was freakin awesome i cant wait to go farther next time theres way more lakes to camp at and for the fish i dont eat fish so i dont catch them but i read on the friends of the highlakes website that there are some fish in there

nice spot. gonna map that and see how far from sac that is. looks like a blast. what land type is that blm, national, state ??? looks like a sick place to wheel and set up a gun range.
some is lassen national forest land and some is private property that they allow people to drive on i think its owned by sierra pacific its a couple hours away from chico past paradise/magalia closest town is phillbrooke and its only a few houses but everywhere we stopped there were gun shells on the ground dont know if its legal to shoot though but all the wheelin you could ask for and camping is free what more could u want

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
you guys are killing me by hind your pic's in the Regional Forums

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
you guys are killing me by hind your pic's in the Regional Forums
well i already had the highlakes thread so i put the pics in here but next time ill throw em up in the 4x4 offroad section for ya and everyone else to enjoy fair enough

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Dam that looks fun! Makes me want to transfer schools! Nothin like that over on this side of california.

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Dam that looks fun! Makes me want to transfer schools! Nothin like that over on this side of california.
come on down that will make you the third person on the forums to attend chico state and the more the better for the wheelin trips

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
come on down that will make you the third person on the forums to attend chico state and the more the better for the wheelin trips

Eh, i wish, but i'm only a couple of semesters away from graduating + i already have a job here, no need for searching and starting all over, + i have a roommate i like and rent is pretty cheap, cost of living is about $400 + food a month. I can't give all that up because i'm jealous of your awsome trails! lol.

Did the usps pay for the spanner wrench?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts