Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just interested to see where everyone is at with horsepower and torque on their frontier with all their performance mods/tunes, with the exception of superchargers and turbos

This is ->NOT<- a c*ck measuring contest, I'm mostly interested in some of the more "passive" mods to get the most out of the 4.0 L, and the 3 submissions on dragtimes just doesn't cut it for me. I think it would be better if we had a more comprehensive comparasin of mods for our members, as we all have different mods, and it would be a good resource for those that are interested in upping their numbers.

If you have proof via dyno chart of course that will be preferable to prove your numbers, I'm going to be hitting up the racetrack and dyno on friday and I'll have my own on after that (PM me if you are around Edmonton AB and you want to come down, a lot of NADP members are going to be there too allegedly)

Please include: Year, the type of fronty (eg. crewcab, se), ALL aftermarket performance parts (intake, exhaust, spark plugs, etc), ALL mods (including modifications, additions, deletions), what you use for tuning (2*advance, superchips, uprev), lifts, engine oil, gas octane rating you typically use, as well as brand/size of wheels and tires

Baseline (for 6 spd) seems to be 210 HP and 240 Tq, autos are probably at least 10 less

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
My truck has been dynoed at 3 different times over the last year. The first time I had basically CAI, Flowmaster, IMS & headers for a dyno of 242hp/254ftlbs. Next trip I mainly added UNCP and most important a Uprev tune for a dyno of 251hp/276ftlbs. The last trip I added a X-pipe and magnaflow duals for a dyno of 263hp/286ftlbs. I've added a few other minor mods at different points too, but I listed everything worthwhile. My stats are in my signature.

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Mine is posted on DT's.com

·
Registered
85 Posts
i would love to make this a dick swinging contest but i dont think my truck is gonna win..
I made 263whp and 278 wtq if you set the dyno to STD and smoothing 1 but i dont consider that fair so here is my current high hp graph SAE and smoothing set to 5..

here is where it makes about 255whp and 272 wtq..

and just for fun here is where i sprayed it

-Sam

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
i would love to make this a dick swinging contest but i dont think my truck is gonna win..
I made 263whp and 278 wtq if you set the dyno to STD and smoothing 1 but i dont consider that fair so here is my current high hp graph SAE and smoothing set to 5..
here is where it makes about 255whp and 272 wtq..
[-Sam
I wish I had gotten the run file on my last dyno, but those guys were idiots and I had to struggle to that one graph from them. Most of my runs, they had the electical leads cut out giving some gaps on some of my graghs. So I'm not sure about the smoothing/vs std on my run. You might know more than me about it with the info on the bottom of my graph.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good stuff, keep it coming guys!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts