Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I put LT tires on, the tire manufacturer's recommended pressures are substantially higher than on P-series.

Where is the pressure range determined, by the sensor or the programming? Are there mods available to get correctly functioning TPMS at higher presssure ranges than the factory default for P-series? Is this in the ecu or elsewhere?

jim

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
IIRC the wheel sensor "High range" is 64psi., I found out while playing with my E-loads; you don't need to run "Max. PSI." Fronty can't haul that much anyway...

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
None the less if an e-load is at 35 psi it's too low and won't get a warning.

jim
^I've aired my E-loads down to 12 PSI. and the sidewalls were still holding up the truck!
I run mine @ 50 perfect for curb hoppin' on 18s :laugh:

·
Registered
8,742 Posts
Acceptable pressure is denoted by ECM. the sensors are capable to reporting/sending up to 64PSI dont think you can change it...maybe with a consultII..... and E rated tires are not going to overheat and blow out at 32PSI.

little excessive on the load rating there...

·
Registered
192 Posts
I run 32-34lbs in my duratracs on stock wheels. no signs of uneven wear yet, only 1000 mi so far. I never run recomended preasure, I drive on washboardy and rocky roads way too often. Havent chalked my tires either. Ill c how they wear.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.