Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

Bad, bad truck.. :(

Last week, leaving the garage, half a second after hitting the gas and making the right turn to the streed, the engine died. Crank, and it started running again. 300Km+ that day, no other problems.

Next day, same place (notice that I always let the engine to warm a little before changing to 'D' in this cold seazon here in South Brazil)... happens again, just the same. Crank, started, hit the road. The engine failed a few times, like, it went to idle. Forced the gas a few times, and it started working fine again.

No lights. No errors on the scangaugeII.

Few days later, started to die anywhere, in different situations. 5 times, while driving to the dealer. Damn... than it died and I could not start it anymore. Called Nissan Way Assistance, and the sent a truck to tow me.

There is my 2.5L Diesel 2008 4x4 A/T King Cab on top of that truck going away from me.. :( Oh, 33.000 Km.

Odd... it only got to the dealer (40 km distance) 2 days later.. they have sent it to the wrong place and took a few time to find it again. Damn, Nissan in Brazil is so terrible in customer support.. dont know about other countries.

Two days in the dealer (plus the weekend), and I went there this morning in hope to find a good information. I found that they didnt scan anything yet because they were a little afraid to unplug my scangauge. They had, yet, disassembled the fuel tank, and some other parts of the engine.

This afternoon, after running lots of electronicts tests (they say), there is an answer. Its the ' high pressure diesel fuel pump '.

7 days to get the part... ' warranty wont cover ', because I have not made the 30.000 Km periodic maintenance. Icks, I have made it, its even signed in the manual. I hope a little yelling will make them remember it ;)

Anyway... anyone experienced that problem? Any tip for me?

Thanks!!
Carlos

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here I am... and the truck is still in the dealer, since Aug 05. It´s more than 20 days.

They said the fuel pump was going to be delivered tomorrow, in 5 days, next day, next week... and yesterday, the surprise.

Factory didnt ship the part, instead they requested the dealer to send them my fuel pump, and they will check if it can be repaired...or even if they will void warranty for any reason.

Can you belive that...?

:censor:

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
This just doesn't sound right to me. I believe that I would contact Nissan directly and see what is going on. Nissan must have regional reps that could be of assistance to you.

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
How much is the part itself? I know it would be like caving in but may be worth just buying it and installing it yourself. Dealers are a hit and a miss, apparently you got one of the more sucky ones.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello!

Well, I have called nissan customer assistance in the fourth day. They said I should wait and contact the dealer...

There are only two delaers in my state (both of them have many stores and garages). Tried both. Both suck...

The part is R$ 4500 in the dealer (about US$ 2250), and they said nissan didnt have it. My friend from an chrysler garage called nissan parts, and he told me it would take up to 7 days to get the part, and it would cost R$ 1800 (about US$ 900). Well... i decided not to buy it because the truck is not an year old, and is in warranty... so lets wait.

Today they delivered the truck. 28 days!!!!

Two days ago a nice guy, with help of some friends, got me a test-drive car for my use (an 2009 mt6 crew cab). It is a shame that it was soooo late....

Anyway, nissan will face a lawsuit.

I think this will be my last nissan.... :( Mitsubishi and Jeep were soooo better in service.. also is for, we have two Rangers at the company. Never took more than 48 hrs in the garage...

Cheers
Cadu
:sickly:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts