Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:hi:HI THERE, I HAVE A KING CAB 08 W/22000 MILES , SINCE 21000 I'VE BEEN HEARING AN ANNOING NOISE BETWEEN 1600-2000 RPM ACCELERATING , (PROBABLY IT'S STILL THERE AFTER THAT , BUT THE ENGINE DOESN'T LET ME HEAR IT AFTER 2000 RPM). I ALSO HEAR IT WHEN THE CAR GOES DOWN A HILL AND MY FOOT'S OUT OF THE GAS , ALWAYS BETWEEN THOUSE MARKS.
I WENT TO THE DEALER , LEFT THE TRUCK FOR THE HOLE DAY ,AND AROUND 16:30 SOMEBODY CALL TO TELL ME THAT THEY UNDERSTAND I WOULDN'T BRING MY TRUCK TO THE DEALER FOR NOTHING , BUT TWO TECHS (1 OF THEM THE HEAD TECH MECHANIC), COULDN'T FIND ANYTHING WRONG WITH THE TRUCK , AND THE NOISE IT'S NORMAL
LATER ON, I CHECKED MY TRUCK SIDE BY SIDE WITH TWO CARS WITH THE SAME ENGINE (A KING CAB LIKE MINE AND A PATHFINDER), AND NEITHER OF THEM HAVE THAT WIERD NOISE.
I WENT BACK TO NISSAN AND I DID A TEST DRIVE WITH THE HEAD TECH , AND NOW HE FINALLY HEARD THE NOISE , BUT STILL TOLD ME THAT IT IS NORMAL , THAT PROBABLY THE NOISE IT'S COMING FROM THE NOISY AIR BOX.
I SAID , HOW COME I DIDN'T HEAR BEFORE 21000 MILES?, AND HE COULDN'T SAY ABSOLUTELY ANYTHING.
QUESTION IS , DOES ANYBODY HAVE THE SAME NOISE?, COULD IT BE THE BEGINNING OF A TIMING CHAIN PROBLEM?
I SURE APPRECIATE ANY HELP REGARDING THIS MATTER , THANKS, CIAO.

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
Have them check your accessories. If you want more ammo when you go to them, use a stethascope (sp?) to track it down first and then see what they say. It may be your belt tensioner, your AC compressor, your PowerSteering pulley, etc....

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have an '06 king cab and around 54,800 miles i got a very high pitched noise aswell, it turned out to be the serpentine belt. The problem with that one was, I'm not a mechanic and its pretty hard to get too, so i would take it in and see about replacing the belt because its not that much.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I have a whine or whistle about the same RPM's. Service mgr rode with me and heard it but said he didnt hear anything that was abnormal. I'm pretty sure it wasnt there before. I just had my oil changed by the dealer a few weeks ago and thats when I noticed it. I will probably poke around under the hood.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Of coarse the "tech" will NEVER be able to hear,feel or see the problem. I think they all went to GM for training. Pretty much all dealers are like this that I've experianced. The only consolation I can tell you about Nissans is that the crap that the dealer refused to fix under warrantee is STILL there annoying the crap out of me and my Frontier has 128K on it. That's why, and the only reason I still buy them. Their service departments are useless for anything other than a loose button on the dash or a rattling tailgate hinge, anymore than that and it's the old standard answers they learned from GM, "Our tech couldn't hear the problem, sir" and "it's per factory specs, sir"

:wtf:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have an '06 king cab and around 54,800 miles i got a very high pitched noise aswell, it turned out to be the serpentine belt. The problem with that one was, I'm not a mechanic and its pretty hard to get too, so i would take it in and see about replacing the belt because its not that much.
I understand , but just remember that i have 21000 , it can't be the belt , not till 36000.:(

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Of coarse the "tech" will NEVER be able to hear,feel or see the problem. I think they all went to GM for training. Pretty much all dealers are like this that I've experianced. The only consolation I can tell you about Nissans is that the crap that the dealer refused to fix under warrantee is STILL there annoying the crap out of me and my Frontier has 128K on it. That's why, and the only reason I still buy them. Their service departments are useless for anything other than a loose button on the dash or a rattling tailgate hinge, anymore than that and it's the old standard answers they learned from GM, "Our tech couldn't hear the problem, sir" and "it's per factory specs, sir"

Bamps , don't you think that in times like this one,(when for them in order to sell cars , they have to pray...for somebody to actualy get something),we, the consumers should do more about it?
I am european (italian to be more precise), i don't see in USA any real league to defend the consumer , maybe we, united should do some noise for somebody , somewhere at Nissan, to wake them up...
I been there 3 times already , i think i am going to pass by again , and just leave my truck and tell them : FIX IT , and call me when it is done.
And also contact Nissan North America, to let them see what kind of people they have to be the face of the company.
I choose Nissan cos' i didn't want to have the problems others have with other brands, and look where i am...
I believe what you say, but it doesn't fix my truck.
Thanks anyways tough.

·
Registered
690 Posts
I understand , but just remember that i have 21000 , it can't be the belt , not till 36000.:(
Why couldn't it? I have my belt and tensioner replaced at around 25K and then again just last week at 55K. Both times covered under warranty.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'm pretty new to Nissan, but my mechanic told me that Nissan's are really hard on belts so I'm pretty sure it is a belt. most manufacturers know what is going to go out in their vehicles that's why they don't fix/put warranties on the expected problems. My neighbor just bought a brand new BMW and his "full service" maintenance package doesn't cover hoses but pretty much everything else and guess what he needs after 12k? So seriously now, if you want to fix your noise check the belt

·
Registered
153 Posts

:hi: I'm in the same club as you LOL. Of all the problems that my truck has had since new not one of them was able to be fixed by the dealer. Funny thing is before I bought my truck my dealer took me on a "tour" of the service department where they described how this is where god himself took his chariot to get serviced and repaired. But after the sale its like you get totally blown off "oh we were not able to duplicate the symptoms" - please pay for another day's worth of rental car so we can try again tomorrow BS. It's like they never want you to buy another nissan product ever again.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
hahahaha, I had my timing chain and guides, rear dif, TRANSMISSION, rotors, fuel sending unit, and my serp belt all replaced BEFORE 50K! Dont think for 1 min that your new Nissan didnt ware parts out already!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts