Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the bulb number for the 3 bulbs in the high mount 3rd brake light?

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i looked in the manual, says the dealership should replace. called dealership, gave me nissan part number, but no industry bulb number.

·
Super Moderator
12,703 Posts
All I could find in the service manual is that they are 16 watt bulbs, no type/number listed. :(
Two 8mm nuts (deep well socket required) and you can pop that light off and have a look.
If no one is helping you, tape the light to the truck so that when you take those nuts off the light doesn't just fall out and smack the glass.

·
Registered
16,551 Posts
look up v-leds.com they have a link to the bulb sizes

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks drew

·
Registered
219 Posts
total of 3 bulbs. 1 for brake light and 2 for bed lights. nissan # 26261-5Z000

Attachments

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
ok so i pulled the bulbs and tried matching them up. turns out they are 921 bulbs. sorry for the blurry cell phone pic

incadesant on the left, Led on the right

·
Registered
337 Posts
So what exact V-leds (part number) did you guys put in your bed lights? Please spell it out for me... I looked at the V-led website and got confused I'm not real educated in these LED lights. I'm looking for something that is a direct replacement with no modifications. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Just get a led light assy.3rd brake light assy,s for a Titan will fit also as they are the same.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just get a led light assy.3rd brake light assy,s for a Titan will fit also as they are the same.
you could do that, and it works. but i wanted to maintain a stock look, with LED bulbs. I did not get them from V-LED.

I got em on ebay, industry bulb number is 921. DO a search for 921 LED and you'll hundreds of hits. I spent about $5 on this mod

·
Registered
337 Posts
And? How do they work? Do tell.
x2

I saw the ones on Ebay too... I'd be interested, but the price sounded almost too good. I'd wondering if they wouldn't be any brighter than the stock bulbs. I too want to keep the stock look.

I'd get the v-led ones if I knew they would be substantially brighter. I'm not expecting 1M candlepower or anything, but if they help backing up/and or spotting zombies at night it would be money well spent!

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
And? How do they work? Do tell.
I had posted crappy cell phone pics in this thread, but they appear to have disappeared.

They work very well. Much brighter than stock. I will try to get better pics tonight when its dark out. I got 9 LED bulbs, and they fit into the assembly without an issue. U may be able to get bulbs with more LEDs, but 9 might be pushing it.

x2

I saw the ones on Ebay too... I'd be interested, but the price sounded almost too good. I'd wondering if they wouldn't be any brighter than the stock bulbs. I too want to keep the stock look.

I'd get the v-led ones if I knew they would be substantially brighter. I'm not expecting 1M candlepower or anything, but if they help backing up/and or spotting zombies at night it would be money well spent!
v-leds might be better, mine are from china. although they are fairly bright

·
Registered
337 Posts
Thought I'd share:

I ordered some 9-smd-leds off of amazon for cheap. I got them and since I don't yet have a 8mm deep socket I decided to put them in my reverse lights. I was disappointed that they appeared about the same as the stock bulbs in terms of brightness, but they did have a more "white" color as compared to the stock bulbs. Still feeling rich I ordered the V-Leds:

V-LEDS HID WHITE 19 M-SMT 8W HIGH POWER BULBS 917 918 920 921 922 923

These are 19 SMD-LED 8W bulbs and let me tell ya these are bright! They are pricy and it's definitely not for everyone's budget, but MAN anyone behind you will either run for their life or instantly freeze like a deer in the headlights(maybe)! It's hard to quantify brightness, but they are WAY brighter than stock and put of a very "crisp" light that gets your attention. I'd post pictures, but they wouldn't be any better than what's on the v-leds site.

Now I'll probably put the Nokya's up in my cargo lights as soon as a find/borrow a 8mm deep socket. I will see if the V-leds might fit however the cargo light area does look small for the long v-leds.

·
Registered
337 Posts
OK...got a 8mm deep socket. I unscrewed the brake/cargo light and then pulled it out exposing the back side. I can't for the life of me figure out how to get at the bulbs! Is there some trick I'm missing? The sockets where the wires go in don't seem to turn or pull out. I didn't want to force anything.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
the socket should just turn in the housing. might take a good twist.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts