Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Pro-4X CC A/T
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

So last week I bought some MAS cleaner and sprayed the sensor as directed, but since then I’ve noticed that my idle in park sits at 1000 rpm. The throttle response in low range feels a little different as well — like there’s less torque below 3000 rpm. I’ve got a check engine light that I’m waiting to read when my OBD2 sensor gets delivered, but I wasn’t concerned initially since I figured a code may pop up for a bit after cleaning.

Right after using the cleaner I also ran a can of seafoam through the throttle body since I was already working the intake (also following directions). I don’t believe that had any negative effect, but I could be wrong.

Any advice or insight you guys have to offer? Before this my truck was more likely to dip in idle rpms and vibrate the cab, so looks like I somehow overshot.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2018 CC Pro4x
3,228 Posts
Did you remember to reconnect everything? I'd check the code before I worry too much. It might just need the code cleared a nice drive to get the sensors recalibrated.
Once you know the code, and whether or not it comes back once cleared, you'll know more about how to diagnose.

·
Registered
2014 Pro-4X CC A/T
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually I did for a sec fire it up with the sensor unplugged and then turned off the truck and plugged it back in after it was cleaned. Been driving it for 5 days straight and nothing’s changed. Guess I just figured a recalibration would occur in the first few drives once it’s been plugged in.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I was having a similar issue you were having after un plugging my throttle body to change the valve cover gaskets. Perform a throttle body re learn and it should fix it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
3,839 Posts
Perform an idle air volume relearn afterwards, as well

Reactions: Zedbra

·
Registered
2014 Pro-4X CC A/T
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well my OBD reader came in and got a P0102 code. Probably from unplugging the MAS. As soon as I cleared the code my idle returned to normal... @stevet47 called it. Took it for a drive and ran as expected.

Even though it was uneventful, I really appreciate everyone’s input. I may still want to run through a relearn in the near future.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts