Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have spent alot of time over the last 2 years checking out different lights. Most of that time was simply spent narrowing down the field of manufacturer's. We found that many companes could make a light but only a few made one you wanted to own! Finally we found a company with enough confidence in their product to get an 18 month Warrantee. Some didn't offer anything but most were 6 months with a couple good for 12...

In that process we learned quite a bit about lights, one of the biggest I learned was having an aluminum housing didn't mean it was better. In many cases the bulk of the housing, even being aluminum, got much hotter than plastic. Yes, aluminum cools quickly but so does plastic... The housings we chose are a type of ABS/Composite and very tough (see Warrantee). They are also substantially lighter than the aluminum housings.

The look is fairly universal but we blacked them out so they look good with any color rig. We liked these so much and trust them to the point that we put our name on them. However, if you are the guy that feels he has to spend $400 a light these are not for you but if you are like the rest of us and just don't see any value in a $400 light we got you covered :)

Here are the specifics...

• 35 Watt Blue Bulb
  • Internal Ballast
  • Tempered Glass Lens
  • Stone Guards Included
  • Notched Barrel Type Adjustment (Reliable)
  • 4200 Lumen
We have these available in a 4" Spot, 4" Flood, & 7" Spot. We will have 1000 Amber Stone Guards for Dust and Fog and a small amount of Blue Stone guards for Racing requirements. Those will be here in 12-15 days.

We took a long time testing and deciding which to go with because we stock what we sell, we only received 800 in this first batch and are nearly 1/4 through them since the 4th when we released them. :) We have 1200 more being made already though because the demand has been so high!

Thanks for looking and keep checking us out as we add more items, lots more Steering stuff soon ;)

Lighting - RuffStuff Specialties

·
Registered
6,057 Posts
EBay has identical 7" hid lights for about $120-125 shipped per pair. They come with clear plastic stone guard covers. I purchased yellow tint vinyl ($3.60 shipped) and applied to the covers. I leave covers on for yellow light. Take covers off for white light.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sure they do...

EBay has identical 7" hid lights for about $120-125 shipped per pair. They come with clear plastic stone guard covers. I purchased yellow tint vinyl ($3.60 shipped) and applied to the covers. I leave covers on for yellow light. Take covers off for white light.

Yes, lots of them look the same but ours are made with the bulbs I want, with the Lumen count I want. Last of all I am sure you get a 2 year Guarantee from the extremely reputable ebay dealer who has been around 9 years and will be around if you need to call him on the Guarantee...Sure, they are exactly the same....

·
Registered
6,057 Posts
i must be one of the lucky ones. I'm right about at the 2 year mark, and they still work fine.
I don't expect it but should by rare chance my "cheap china junk" as you imply fails after a year, I can buy a new pair and still be out roughly the same amount of money for buying just 1 pair of yours (factoring in your additional shipping costs).

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I guess all I can say is that you are smarter than the rest of us... I'm guessing that you gotta have the last word also...And with 5393 posts you don't have a wife or girlfriend so nothing better to do than bash sponsors that pay for the site you are on...

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
i must be one of the lucky ones. I'm right about at the 2 year mark, and they still work fine.
I don't expect it but should by rare chance my "cheap china junk" as you imply fails after a year, I can buy a new pair and still be out roughly the same amount of money for buying just 1 pair of yours (factoring in your additional shipping costs).
WTF dude! RuffStuff is a site sponsor. It's their contribution that maintains your ability to be a douche on a daily basis.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
We are a new sponsor at that, just trying to offer what we have. HID's are not the only thing we offer either. If you want to buy from the ebay sellers, that is your choice.

We are here for our customers. Our lights are ordered with the parts we felt would be the longest lasting for the roughest conditions, keep in mind we don't only tailor to the people who riding on the streets & doing light trail riding. Our lights are built for offroad racers as well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts