Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a post on another website where people were talking about hidden features on lower trim model vehicles (see below):

another example: My car came with a mileage/average speed/distance to empty readout on the radio display. Lower trim levels of the same car do not. However, if they have the same basic radio unit, there's some arcane combination you can press and voila, the lower trim level car will suddenly have all that info available. It wasn't worth making a whole new radio 'head unit' for the option, so they just built it into all of them and had it hidden by default. Car has the right options to have the mileage readout? Punch the combo in at the factory.
Does anyone know of any secret/hidden features on their truck? I found this post but was curious if there was anything else.

·
Admin
3,403 Posts
We always joke about the hidden upper glove box around here...

Also, there is post somewhere around here, can't find it right now, that shows how to put your back up camera on (if equipped) while in forward motion, by putting the radio unit in diagnostic mode. I've actually done that when hauling a load that blocks the back windshield.

But I just learned something with your link to that 7 year old post! That dash diagnostics mode is awesome I immediately ran out and tried it and it worked! With the bulb test I saw my AT Oil Temp light for the first time and that gauge test is really cool! Have to explore the other readings although they are mostly in hex.

Reactions: ewheeler

·
Admin
3,403 Posts
Bulb test. Merry Christmas!

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
I'm still looking for the hidden ash tray on my 2004, haven't found that yet....

·
Registered
3,993 Posts
Not aware of anything hidden on my '06 SE. It doesn't have much. Heck, Nissan forced owners to give up seats with lumbar adjustment on 6-Speed stick models back then. BUT, I have a rear armrest which I think they selectively removed on some model years later on.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I'd read somewhere years ago, that all the control modules in a given model vehicle are
the same and that functions are enabled or disabled depending on the package you buy.
And that they can be turned on or off if you know the codes.

Might be a fun project to do research on.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I got one! Insulated Cup Holders(key applause)!!!! Was looking for a home for my bass control knob and found this unseen feature... Nissan really went the xtra mile on this one, thats nearly 40% coverage.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts