Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd show my newest mod that finally got finished! Painted them red and black to match the rig and plan on a Hefty Aluminum front bumper soon to eliminate the last big of chrome, haha! Also put the LED bar on the get a feel for how it would look with a 50" bar. Not sure how I feel about it yet... Sorry for crappy phone pics, let me know if you want to see it at a different angle, e.t.c. Love them and can see so much better at night! :D

Reactions: RikRong

·
Premium Member
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Look really nice. Did you take pictures during the process?
Thanks! Ill post some pictures of the bumper removal process. However, I didn't take tons of pictures of the whole installation process.

·
Registered
266 Posts
im starting to plan a retrofit build, is there anything that can be done with the yellow/amber reflectors in headlights? like is there a clear replacement?

·
Premium Member
6,460 Posts
im starting to plan a retrofit build, is there anything that can be done with the yellow/amber reflectors in headlights? like is there a clear replacement?
What year Frontier?

·
Premium Member
6,460 Posts
IIRC, the earlier headlights ('05-'08??) like the OP's have a bit more room to work with...and can be bought already retrofit'd.

·
Premium Member
12,069 Posts
05-08 is pre face lift.

and as far as it goes, i honestly see more 09+ retrofits.
both have plenty of working room to retrofit. i was unaware of being able to buy them already swapped though.

·
Premium Member
6,460 Posts
Thanks, Andy...edited my post above.

Having a nagging thought that the earlier headlamp design could accept a slightly larger HID bulb housing? Anyways...

·
Premium Member
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So its funny because originally I grabbed a set of 09 headlights (new design) and retrofitted them and when I put them on I was surprised the grill and valence didn't fit. I was unaware that they changed the shape as well instead of just the inside design. After feeling stupid I grabbed them in the current set up for the truck and honestly like them better but that's just my opinion. Maybe its because I'm just used to the 05 to 08 style for so long haha.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts