Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi from sunny southern Canada! lol. Medicine Hat, Alberta to be precise.

About me, i guess;

Kevin is my name. A 1998 Frontier XE 2wd 5spd is my truck (so SO much fun around here in the winter - DRIFT GOD). I'm 35 and hail originally from North Vancouver, BC. Moved to Ireland when I was 21. Moved back here to southern Alberta in '09. Miss the place. Anyways I am now a 2nd year automotive service tech apprentice and I bought my first ever Nissan last year. The old girl had done 287,000 kms. Leaky exhaust, the nose had hit something. But she ran, the AC and cruise worked, and it was a manual, a pickup, and I had talked the guy down to $1100. I've never had a pickup before.

The box is in the current process of losing the battle to return to natural ore, and the front fenders are *ahem* iffy shaped.

This poor truck. So far I've given her front shocks, a center support bearing, front pads, MAP sensor, TP sensor, crank position sensor, distributor, rotor, plugs, good all round servicing. And I'm smitten. So easy to work on. And I work at Canadian Tire in the garage so it's a match made in heaven!

Dream for this truck? 2wd rally raider with either, turbo, super, or v6 conversion.
Reality? Dunno

Ideal Frontier for me? 4x4 Supercharged V6 Manual.

Anyway, all help appreciated and Hi!::grin::::grin::::grin::

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
Ideal Frontier for me? 4x4 Supercharged V6 Manual.

Anyway, all help appreciated and Hi!::grin::::grin::::grin::

Sounds like it's time for a second gen... $1100 for a running vehicle? Perfect. I'm originally from Alberta, lived in north van for 10 years, now in New Brunswick. Good luck!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ya second gen probably. However if I can get my hands on a supercharger form a fukd vg33er then I've found an adaptor kit online for the old ka24de! It's a much simpler install than the turbo kit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts