Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 CC LE 4X4 with all the trimmings. So far I love everything accept the "thunk noise" under the dead pedal. After researching and a couple of visits to the dealer, found out that those who have Hill Assist/Decent, VDC and ABLS (antilock brake limitted slip) options, Once you accelerate above approx 40 mph and the computuer that controls these functions reads that none of these features were activated it bleeds off extra pressure that had built up in the master brake cylinder and unfortunately transmitts the relief valve sound thru the firewall to under your left foot. Nissan is aware of this and hopefully will come up with a solution to minimize this. The one tech told me maybe a reprogram or recalabration of the ABS/ABLS computer. :eek:

·
Registered
737 Posts
wigwag said:
I have a 2005 CC LE 4X4 with all the trimmings. So far I love everything accept the "thunk noise" under the dead pedal. After researching and a couple of visits to the dealer, found out that those who have Hill Assist/Decent, VDC and ABLS (antilock brake limitted slip) options, Once you accelerate above approx 40 mph and the computuer that controls these functions reads that none of these features were activated it bleeds off extra pressure that had built up in the master brake cylinder and unfortunately transmitts the relief valve sound thru the firewall to under your left foot. Nissan is aware of this and hopefully will come up with a solution to minimize this. The one tech told me maybe a reprogram or recalabration of the ABS/ABLS computer. :eek:

Yes! Thank you! That's exactly what my truck does. I have those options and the thunking. Finally, I know what it is.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Welcome to the club.

·
Premium Member
3,550 Posts
Welcome to the club.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Welcome to the party, thanks for the info!

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Welcome to Da Club and thanks for the info!!

Does your CF name "Wigwag" have anything to do with wigwags on a Fire Truck, EMS, or Police vehicle? Are you in one of those professions? I am currently an inactive (might take Standards) Volunteer Firefighter.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
:hi: Welcome to the club!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts