Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the ability to make a Hi-Lift jack mount for Utili-Track similar to the Black Widow Off Road mount. Would anyone be interested in buying these if I started making them? I think I would be able to make it able to carry a jack and a shovel with an adapter. I am also thinking about a vertical spare tire mount. Thoughts?

Here is the Black Widow mount, I understand they aren't in business anymore.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Im sure there would be alot of interest in all the products you mentioned. I would say build some and post pics. I dont know if you have the ability to make a roof mounted light bar for trucks without roof racks but I would love to see one of those.

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
I am sure they will see if the price is right. What price point are you shooting for?

The verticle tire mount is nice but doesn't that need a bit of adjustibility to be able to fit tires from 32 to 35?

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im sure there would be alot of interest in all the products you mentioned. I would say build some and post pics. I dont know if you have the ability to make a roof mounted light bar for trucks without roof racks but I would love to see one of those.
I was thinking about a Utili-Track mounted cage that could hold a spare and have jack mounts and other things. I don't know how much weight the tack can hold though, I've searched and haven't found anything

I am sure they will see if the price is right. What price point are you shooting for?

The verticle tire mount is nice but doesn't that need a bit of adjustibility to be able to fit tires from 32 to 35?
I have to get a few tires to see if it will work. As of right now I am running stock tires so I need to find some people locally to lend me their spare for some measuring. All in due time.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nope...Orange County, California

·
Registered
524 Posts
I have to get a few tires to see if it will work. As of right now I am running stock tires so I need to find some people locally to lend me their spare for some measuring. All in due time.
well i have 285/75 on my truck if u need to use a tire lend u my spair that also has that size.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well i have 285/75 on my truck if u need to use a tire lend u my spair that also has that size.
Thanks! I'll be sure to contact you when I'm ready to measure.

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
I was thinking about a Utili-Track mounted cage that could hold a spare and have jack mounts and other things. I don't know how much weight the tack can hold though, I've searched and haven't found anything
the cleats have a load capacity of up to 200 lbs.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
the cleats have a load capacity of up to 200 lbs.
That's good to know. But, I can put 4 cleats on one rail. Does the rail hold 800 pounds? That's the number I need to know.

·
Registered
524 Posts
thanks! I'll be sure to contact you when i'm ready to measure.
yeah just pm me when ur set to go i work in bell a 20 min drive to where u are at:)

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm getting close to having a sample of the jack mounts done. Should have a price soon too.

·
Registered
635 Posts
You guys with your 2nd gen utilitracs. Geez. You have it so easy.

Us 1st gens have to throw the spare and hi-lift jack in the bed and hope for the best. Sometimes they make it home. . .sometimes not :laugh:

Looks like the OP has a good market when he gets these up and running. I Have to fab up my own spare mount (already have plans drawn). No roof rack for my KC. I am up-sizing my tire size soon and won't be able to under-carry my spare either. I was at a Jeep show today. I saw a Jeep Comanche pick-up that had a tweaked out Wrangler tailgate spare mount to work in the bed. Didn't look that bad.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Oh' I see. Now I got roof rack envy. I don't even have one of those. I got robbed !

:crib:Waah !

SOrry for thread jacking. Carry on.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I have a question...Would you guys rather pay for stainless and have something that looks cool or would you rather pay a little less for a powder coated product? The price of stainless is through the roof lately

1 - 20 of 83 Posts