Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I am looking for a new truck, and the Pro-4x is definitely on the RADAR. Other contender is the Chevy colorado, but the pro-4x with lower price and 32" tires somehow appeals very much inspite of smaller size. Hopefully, I will be able to make an informed decision soon on what to buy. Hanging out here and just looking at stuff for now

·
Registered
374 Posts
Hello everyone. I am looking for a new truck, and the Pro-4x is definitely on the RADAR. Other contender is the Chevy colorado, but the pro-4x with lower price and 32" tires somehow appeals very much inspite of smaller size. Hopefully, I will be able to make an informed decision soon on what to buy. Hanging out here and just looking at stuff for now
Do not think about the colorado bro. If you want a truck that will last long, pick the Fronty. Also, if you will be offroading more, then the Pro4x is going to be better than a colorado in terms of price. Not only does the Fronty have better quality parts like Blisten shocks, but it would be much cooler to drive. Who does not look at a pro4x coming down the street? I certain stare all the time::grin:: ::wink::

·
Premium Member
2,444 Posts
lol, I wanted one but it was a little more than I wanted to pay, if you can afford it then go for it

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks folks!
Am currently looking at all the 4x4 threads. Considering both GM and Nissan make a good vehicle, makes decisions difficult. And the funny thing is, I was sure that it will be a Tacoma, till I took a test drive

·
Registered
374 Posts
Thanks folks!
Am currently looking at all the 4x4 threads. Considering both GM and Nissan make a good vehicle, makes decisions difficult. And the funny thing is, I was sure that it will be a Tacoma, till I took a test drive
tacos are meh:serious:

·
Registered
128 Posts
I wanted a Taco for YEARS! When I could finally, potentially, afford one and started shopping last year I was so excited. There was no doubt in my mind I was going to get one. Then I test drove a brand new 2016 TRD Sport. I did not like it at all! I had already driven a '16 Pro4x and immediately realized I like the fronty better. Then I drove 2 miles down the road and test drove a Colorado 4x4 WT. It felt like a straight city truck. It drove GREAT on the road, but didn't give me any confidence in it's ability offroad and it's wedge shaped stance with the nose on the ground didn't help either. I parked my, then, Hyundai Elantra next to the Colorado and the lower valances were at the EXACT same distance from the ground. A 4x4 truck had the same nose clearance as a 4 door hatchback car? That did it for me. The following week I bought my fronty and never looked back. No regrets 7 months in.

·
Premium Member
2,444 Posts
all this talk of Taco is making me hungry

·
Rogue Admin
2007 LE 4x4 Crew Cab Long Box
13,804 Posts
I wanted a Taco for YEARS! When I could finally, potentially, afford one and started shopping last year I was so excited. There was no doubt in my mind I was going to get one. Then I test drove a brand new 2016 TRD Sport. I did not like it at all! I had already driven a '16 Pro4x and immediately realized I like the fronty better. Then I drove 2 miles down the road and test drove a Colorado 4x4 WT. It felt like a straight city truck. It drove GREAT on the road, but didn't give me any confidence in it's ability offroad and it's wedge shaped stance with the nose on the ground didn't help either. I parked my, then, Hyundai Elantra next to the Colorado and the lower valances were at the EXACT same distance from the ground. A 4x4 truck had the same nose clearance as a 4 door hatchback car? That did it for me. The following week I bought my fronty and never looked back. No regrets 7 months in.
That's a good comparison. I also chose the Frontier many moons ago over the Taco, even though I had thought I wanted a Taco for years. After driving the two, the Frontier had all the options I wanted and looked much better. I made the right choice, 10 years later still liking that choice.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts