Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Thanks for letting me join. I've just purchased my first Nissan Navara as it's called here in Oz. I pick it up in a couple of weeks and can't wait to get stuck into some stereo mods. This is a late 2021 build so can someone tell me what model this is equivalent to in the US? Is this a model you guys have over there? Looking for build pics of stereos in similar trucks. Cheers.
Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Car Vehicle

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
Thanks for letting me join. I've just purchased my first Nissan Navara as it's called here in Oz. I pick it up in a couple of weeks and can't wait to get stuck into some stereo mods. This is a late 2021 build so can someone tell me what model this is equivalent to in the US? Is this a model you guys have over there? Looking for build pics of stereos in similar trucks. Cheers. View attachment 343221
That's sweet, the truck we should have gotten a decade ago. Que Sera, Sera. Enjoy, I love the colour too.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Welcome to the forum!
That's a nice truck!!

·
Registered
2022 Nissan Frontier King Cab 4X4
230 Posts
Interior looks amazing. The exterior reads Tacoma knockoff.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
After doing some more digging around your 2021 model was our 2014. The truck I just bought seems to have been skipped over by Nissan US.

·
Banned
1,125 Posts
That's a sweet looking truck! I wish we got it here. You do know that your steering wheel is on the wrong side right? Might can get that fixed through warranty...(y)

·
Registered
703 Posts
Yep this is 2.3lt twin turbo diesel.
I used to live in the Fiji Islands and remember when this generation of Navara came out in 2014. Still one of the best looking trucks one can buy overseas. I wish diesels were used more in the states. They are best suited for truck applications giving you good low end torque while still giving you decent MPG's or miles per litre as you guys say. I'm jeoulous you bum lol. I even here there will be a limited produced "warrior edition navara" made for the Australian market. And that is a one badass looking truck.

·
Registered
2020 Frontier SV CC 4x2 Midnight Edition
423 Posts
187hp and 330ft/lbs. Not a bad motor, but I suspect it would be a bit slow compared to the 3.8l. I like the looks of the interior and the front end. It is surprising they wouldn't have just used it here as the replacement for the D40 as it has the design language so popular in the US right now (high walled bed for example). I wonder if the US drive train would fit (is it the same body on frame construction as we have or is completely different in design)?

·
Registered
703 Posts
187hp and 330ft/lbs. Not a bad motor, but I suspect it would be a bit slow compared to the 3.8l. I like the looks of the interior and the front end. It is surprising they wouldn't have just used it here as the replacement for the D40 as it has the design language so popular in the US right now (high walled bed for example). I wonder if the US drive train would fit (is it the same body on frame construction as we have or is completely different in design)?
Problem with the Navara it only has the one wheelbase. So it would take much reworking to offer up a LWB model. As for the Navara being slow it has the power where you need it for a truck application. That is, more torque but offering it at a much lower RPM. This would also improve off-road performance having all the power on the low end. And most importantly, it would really offer a big improvement for MPG's. I mean you would probably see 30 MPG's on the hwy. The 3.8 is a high revving motor. Hitting its peak torque at 4400 rpm's. This is offset with the DB 9 speed. Its a decent setup but sucks gas like a full size truck. Given a choice, I'll take the Navara with the diesel all day long. The rest of the world gets it since they still primarily use diesels for truck applications.

The other issue with the Navara would be to meet saftey regulations in the states. After they federalized it would no doubt look allot uglier. Just like what Ford did to the T6 Ranger. The ranger looks pretty nice in its global trim but is pretty ugly in the US.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Wow - wish we got the steering wheel, the lumbar, the backseat vents and the higher pitch on the backseat in the US on the 22. One can dream.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Wow - wish we got the steering wheel, the lumbar, the backseat vents and the higher pitch on the backseat in the US on the 22. One can dream.
Yeah those dreams sunk to the bottom of the deep atlantic. Back around 2015/16 there was allot of hype and hope the US would get the redesigned navara. They even teased a cummins diesel in the D40. And then more years went on and on. Finally after 17 years we got a refreshed F alpha. For whatever reason Nissan did not do a ground up re design. They went cheap. But during the development of the D41 they were cash strapped. Not that we would have ever got the Navara anyway. Just like we will never get a Hilux, or a D Max, Prado, Everest, etc..

Also will add the 2014 Navara was the last ground up mid size re design truck for Nissan. Literally. So even the Navara is getting a bit long in the tooth. Especially since the new Ranger will be hitting the global market. And that offers quite a bit more for Australia IMO. But the Navara is still a great truck. Its aging well.

·
Registered
703 Posts
I looked up the mileage figures. This truck is better then I thought at 80 km/h or roughly 50 mph the loaded Pro 4X version of this manages 14.5 km/L or a whopping 34 MPG. And that truck is no light weight. Pretty close in weight to the P4X frontier at around 4700 lbs. I can imagine the 2WD version of this even doing better. That's really good numbers.

Found those numbers on this review:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts