Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 2017 Frontier 4wd crew cab back in November. This is my first Frontier, as well as my first Nissan. I am enjoying the truck very much.

Now that I have been driving it awhile I have noticed something that I’m not sure is “normal” for Frontiers. When I make a left or right turn from a stop, I hear a “gear whine” noise that goes away when the truck picks up speed or I straighten the wheels. Is this just how the auto 4wd gearbox sounds?

Thanks!

Jim

·
Registered
35 Posts
I too am new to the Nissan Frontier club and like you have a 2017 SV 4x4 however I have not noticed any whining type of sound. It's hard to tell with new vehicles though about what is the new parts breaking in and what is an actual problem. I am probably hyper sensitive to every sound and action lol. Best of luck, I'm hoping we got great trucks that live up to everything I've always heard!

·
Vendor
2,919 Posts
Hi Jim, welcome on board! Glad to have you here. This forum really is a ton of help. With a little bit of research you can find an answer to all your questions. Be sure to reach out if there something we could do to help!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts