Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! I just bought a new 2016 Frontier SV 4x4 King cab, Arctic blue. I went to the Toyota dealership to buy a replacement for my 94 Toyota that had 330,000 miles and I walked into the showroom. No one came up to help so, for better or worse, that gave me time to do what I wanted to do anyway. I crawled under a Tacoma to make sure they were still built as tough as an Abrams Tank, and it was like the worst first date surprise ever!. A cheesy 3-sided open c-stamp frame that looked like it had been spray painted with a can of Wal Mart spray paint!. So out the door I went, disgusted, straight to the Nissan dealer. I crawled up underneath, and my nightmare was over. The Nissan frame looked like it was built to survive a meteor impact. I already had heard good things about the VQ motors and it drove well and looked good. Goodbye Toyota! And, Hello to everyone here! Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
Welcome to Club Frontier. Enjoy your stay

·
Premium Member
7,137 Posts
Congrats on your Revelation!

·
Registered
397 Posts
...my second stop after the Ford dealer was a Toyota dealer; I liked the smooth shifting of the ball bearing guide however I just didn't like the way the 1st year engine drove.

Third stop was a Nissan dealer across the street but quickly found I wouldn't be happy in an automatic...my choice was the 2017 SV CC I now own that was 82 miles away or a few 2016 P4x CC's that were 160 - 210 miles away so I jumped in with both feet and got the '17!

Welcome to the club!

·
Vendor
2,796 Posts
Welcome to the club! Congrats on your purchase, you've made the right choice and won't be disappointed with it. There are lots of great choices for parts, service and many owners willing to help you. Safe driving and happy modding!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts