Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's great to be here. I have a 2000 Nissan Frontier, 4-cyl, 5-speed. I don't have anything special done to it, just like driving it because it's dependable and excellent on gas. I decided to join up because I'm having a bit of trouble with it and thought I might be able to get some help here. I'm not a girly-girl, I really enjoy working on my truck, but I admit, I'm limited in my knowledge of new model vehicles. I'm much more comfortable under the hood of my '86 Camaro...mostly because my husband and I built it together. Hope some of you guys (and gals) out there can help me out a little :)

·
Premium Member
12,129 Posts
lol everything accept for the problem.

welcome. hope you enjoy the site. i have no knowledge of the 1st gen.
so uh, welcome.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, it's a 2000 Frontier, 5 speed. After a good rain (or dew) and it's running in low RPMs when you first change gears, it jerks and acts like it has water in the gas tank. I've poured so much HEET in there, I'm sure that's not it. I changed the spark plugs, wires, and applied electrical grease as directed. I checked the distributor cap for cracks and corrosion, and it's still doing it. Any ideas???

·
Super Moderator
12,703 Posts
Welcome to Clubfrontier.org.

As far as your problem, something is no longer sealed from moisture it sounds.
Distributor was a good guess, I would have looked at it first too.
How about other electrics under the hood?
Make sure everything that should be sealed is sealed and sealed well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts