Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys im so sorry if this is a repo but does the k&n intakes fro the first gens have a whine/whistle to them under moderate to heavy accel?? is that normal? i had just started hearing this noise a couple days ago. and i have had my intake on ever since i bought the truck.

also my filter is kinda dirty too..

thanks all

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
more noticable at slow speeds. i don't think you will be able to hear the "hiss" at higher speeds because of the engine noise. the hissing is normal for open filter systems.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
more noticable at slow speeds. i don't think you will be able to hear the "hiss" at higher speeds because of the engine noise. the hissing is normal for open filter systems.
yeah i know about teh normal hiss, but its weird man i had just started noticing a high whistle. idk wtf lol

·
Registered
148 Posts
Most CAI systems have a whistle or whine to them. Some more than others. Maybe clean your filter and see if the whistle improves since you did not start hearing it until recently.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Most CAI systems have a whistle or whine to them. Some more than others. Maybe clean your filter and see if the whistle improves since you did not start hearing it until recently.
yes, i have always noticed the hiss of the intake breathing, but not the whistle **** lol

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
you got a whistle tip on your muffler or what?

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
you got a whistle tip on your muffler or what?
:laugh::laugh: oh hell, i guess those deer whistles are not supposed to go on the tip of the exhaust...:)

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
mine hisses but does not whistle. driving low speeds i can hear the intake hiss but again does not whistle, if there is nothing wrong with the intake and the truck runs fine then i say everything is ok, just clean your filter, a recharge kit only cost 10 dollars. just please don't go around being a little ricer thinking you have turbo.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well this is weird it just stopped whinning today. it was real faint this morning and then its just gone. i cleaned the filter anyway. sounds normal now. idk what was goin on

1 - 11 of 11 Posts