Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sooooo i baught a new cb i got a lil cobra 19 dx (not the best i kno but its all i need in my area) and i also baught a 4 foot firestik black antenna..
my question is ....
Where do yall think i should possision the antenna???

Thanks guys
let me kno if the pics arent enough to tell and ill take more

im thinkin rear bumper of on tool box

·
Registered
579 Posts
I put mine on the hood. Opposite the OEM antena. They look good up front, and they are easy to run the cable straigh back to the cab.

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
I prefer the very backend of the bed. On the drivers side so you can keep an eye on it. When off in difficult terrain. As a safety procaution.

·
Registered
5,077 Posts
I would say toolbox or near the bumper, I like how it looks at the very rear. But I've never seen 1 like the way Kavonalair described. It would be very easy to keep an eye on there and it may look good

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Saw your post at screenfx... Your better off posting things like that over here so you dont have to deal with the pavement princesses..... I like them on the hood.. They are easier to tie back that way too.. If you cant have it up for some reason you can tie it back arched towards the bed...

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ya all these sound lke good ideas thanks yall
i kinda realized that they were princesses after that hahaha
oh and btw yall (you prob kno) its a hard antenna not a whip
oh and when you say in the rear of the bed do you mean like in in the bed or like in the bed mounted to the side?

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
its whippin around in this pic, but you get teh idea.

if you have a plastic bedliner, be sure you remove it around the base of the antenna so you get a good ground.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts