Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I admit... I don't have a Frontier...yet. I've wanted one for a while, but it just hasn't panned out. I currently own a 2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek that I abuse at every chance. I am the only person known to have successfully taken the Crosstrek through Last Chance Canyon. So obviously, I like to off road. Well, the little Subaru, while a great little vehicle, has its limitations.

For those of you that don't know, the XV Crosstrek is essentially an Impreza Wagon (compact car) with a 4 inch lift. So cargo is extremely limited. Also, while the AWD system had been effective enough to tackle every thing I've thrown at it, I'm out of stuff to throw at it without running the risk of rendering it inoperable. Lack of a low range is a huge downfall. Also, the approach angle is horrible. I lost count how many times I've dug the chin into the ground.

So, my next vehicle will be a Frontier. My uncle had a 2005 Pro-4X that he loved to death. I've been hooked since. I've always loved this class of truck. I don't like Silverados, Rams, F-Series, Tundra, or even the Titan.

My timeline depends on what the dealership says about my Subaru. It's having transmission overheating issues. I swear I didn't do it.... Could get one in a couple weeks, couple months, or a year. Just don't know yet. But I'm a planner. And I want to have a plan. So I'm going to lurk these halls until it happens.

Here are some pics of my little workhorse, for those that care.

Salton Sea

Anza Borrego with my Bro's WJ

A ledge in Last Chance Canyon that I'm not sure how I got up...

A few more LCC

Prairie City SRVA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
35 Posts
As a two owner Subaru household and first generation Frontier owner, welcome!

I haven't taken our Forester too far off road, but my old Impreza TS spent some crazy time off road in West Virginia and Joyce Kilmer wilderness in North Carolina.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My timeline is probably closer to a year out now. My wife's car went downhill, so we bought her a new (used) car. She wanted a Kia Sorento, so that's what we got.

But even she is excited for me to get a Frontier. So we've been looking at them lately. Another factor is that any decent looking deal ends up being in crappy condition.

We've decided that if we find a great deal, we'll jump on it, even though I'm upside down on my Subaru. With my mileage (60k/yr), I'll pretty much always be.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts