Nissan Frontier Forum banner

Hesitation

4K views 45 replies 13 participants last post by  90south 
#1 ·
I have a 16 PRO4X with 20,000 miles. I have a hesitation when accelerating from a stop when the engine is warm. I just recently switched from Kroger to Shell gas. I don't have any engine lights on. Does anyone have any suggestions. This only happens probably twice weekly.

#32 ·
Rich: The first thing that comes to mind is: check if you punch it gong up hill under a load and it hesitates or bucks a little... That is most often a spark plug going bad and they can sometimes do that right out of the box... Just a thought..
klink
PS: Got 250K on my KA24DE 4 cyl and the ck engine light comes on occasionally.. A fuel injector cleaner will clean EGR valve, EGR injection rail, and borh O2 sensors so the light goes out (after delete or so many starts)... Good stuff to use every 2 or 3 tanks... I suspect the cat's will last longer too..

#34 ·
I have experienced this on my 2019, and it’s always from a stop; I also feel a slight slippage, as if I have a cardboard box, sliding back to the tailgate, very slight, but noticeable!
I only have 4500 miles on it and it has done it since day one!
I took it to the dealer and they found nothing on test drive, and no supportive codes. I traded in my 2010, and know how the vehicle should respond!
Now this is a guess, on my own, but moving from occasional stopped position, it could be a delay in the Brake Assist Feature. I also mentioned this again to the dealer, but they said they didn’t think so!
So that’s it so far! I will check the transmission fluid and continue to post further occurrences!
Thank You,
Vinny 😊

#35 ·
I have experienced this on my 2019, and it’s always from a stop; I also feel a slight slippage, as if I have a cardboard box, sliding back to the tailgate, very slight, but noticeable!
I only have 4500 miles on it and it has done it since day one!
I took it to the dealer and they found nothing on test drive, and no supportive codes. I traded in my 2010, and know how the vehicle should respond!
Now this is a guess, on my own, but moving from occasional stopped position, it could be a delay in the Brake Assist Feature. I also mentioned this again to the dealer, but they said they didn’t think so!
So that’s it so far! I will check the transmission fluid and continue to post further occurrences!
Thank You,
Vinny 😊
Thank you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.