Nissan Frontier Forum banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
How long has it been happening? How long after you fill up do you get gas again? Do you live in a state where they switch to a winter blend fuel? From the original post it seemed like you switched gas stations and started having problems. i know I sound like a broken record but did you ever check the transmission fluid level?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I haven't checked the tranny fluid level but I will. I live in Illinois unfortunately and they do switch blends. I usually fill up when I get down to a half. This has been going on since May of this year.

·
Registered
2013 Frontier King Cab 2.5L MT
6 Posts
No Sea Foam, but perhaps a can of Berryman's B-12 Chemtool. Have you tried a Texas tuneup? If you never blow the soot out of it, you could have some injectors beginning to be clogged or some build up on a spark plug or something. Get out on the highway and give it the spurs a few times and see if that helps. Gentle driving around time all the time is not good for any vehicle but an electric or hybrid.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Is there any leakage where you park it, with only that many miles and four years old it obviously sits quit a bit.
I would be more inclined to fuel filter/throttle body even if it only does it on occasion. New fuel filter and cleaning the throttle body is routine type maintenance won't hurt to try.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Thanks everyone. I will try cleaning the throttle body. Hell, the truck only had 20000 miles on it, not bad for a 2016

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Do the Frontiers have a replaceable fuel filter?
Fuel filter and pump are one assembly in the gas tank. What stuff have you checked so far?

·
Registered
2018 Arctic Blue SV KC 2WD V6 AT.
24 Posts
I have a 16 PRO4X with 20,000 miles. I have a hesitation when accelerating from a stop when the engine is warm. I just recently switched from Kroger to Shell gas. I don't have any engine lights on. Does anyone have any suggestions. This only happens probably twice weekly.
Any chance you brake with your left foot? I do, and if I try to start off before I completely remove my foot from the brake pedal, there is a serious delay. Same with my wife's 2018 Rogue Sport.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 16 PRO4X with 20,000 miles. I have a hesitation when accelerating from a stop when the engine is warm. I just recently switched from Kroger to Shell gas. I don't have any engine lights on. Does anyone have any suggestions. This only happens probably twice weekly.
1 week of the month or the last week of the month I fill up my truck with Sunoco premium and And Lucas injector cleaner and lube my Truck accelerates with no problem

·
Registered
2 Posts
Rich: The first thing that comes to mind is: check if you punch it gong up hill under a load and it hesitates or bucks a little... That is most often a spark plug going bad and they can sometimes do that right out of the box... Just a thought..
klink
PS: Got 250K on my KA24DE 4 cyl and the ck engine light comes on occasionally.. A fuel injector cleaner will clean EGR valve, EGR injection rail, and borh O2 sensors so the light goes out (after delete or so many starts)... Good stuff to use every 2 or 3 tanks... I suspect the cat's will last longer too..

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have experienced this on my 2019, and it’s always from a stop; I also feel a slight slippage, as if I have a cardboard box, sliding back to the tailgate, very slight, but noticeable!
I only have 4500 miles on it and it has done it since day one!
I took it to the dealer and they found nothing on test drive, and no supportive codes. I traded in my 2010, and know how the vehicle should respond!
Now this is a guess, on my own, but moving from occasional stopped position, it could be a delay in the Brake Assist Feature. I also mentioned this again to the dealer, but they said they didn’t think so!
So that’s it so far! I will check the transmission fluid and continue to post further occurrences!
Thank You,
Vinny 😊

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I have experienced this on my 2019, and it’s always from a stop; I also feel a slight slippage, as if I have a cardboard box, sliding back to the tailgate, very slight, but noticeable!
I only have 4500 miles on it and it has done it since day one!
I took it to the dealer and they found nothing on test drive, and no supportive codes. I traded in my 2010, and know how the vehicle should respond!
Now this is a guess, on my own, but moving from occasional stopped position, it could be a delay in the Brake Assist Feature. I also mentioned this again to the dealer, but they said they didn’t think so!
So that’s it so far! I will check the transmission fluid and continue to post further occurrences!
Thank You,
Vinny 😊
Thank you.

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Frontier PRO-4X Crew Cab
159 Posts
Yeah sometimes the brake assist feature acts up and doesn't let the truck go for a moment, happens to my 2019.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thank You for Your Reply! Makes sense, and maybe occurs intermittently, due to temperature of brake system.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Maybe? I will definitely continue to monitor it. I just wanted to share with everyone my local Nissan dealership told me to use either BP or Shell gasoline. Just saying.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Maybe? I will definitely continue to monitor it. I just wanted to share with everyone my local Nissan dealership told me to use either BP or Shell gasoline. Just saying.
Well, that’s great information about fuel types, although I’m already using the Shell! I may give the BP a run!
One last thing; I just checked the Transmission Fluid, and it was perfect!
Thank You Again! 👍🏻

21 - 40 of 46 Posts