Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 16 PRO4X with 20,000 miles. I have a hesitation when accelerating from a stop when the engine is warm. I just recently switched from Kroger to Shell gas. I don't have any engine lights on. Does anyone have any suggestions. This only happens probably twice weekly.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Have you checked your transmission fluid level? Any pending codes?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have not checked the ATF. No codes. How would the tranny's fluid make it hesitate? Just a question

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
What do you mean by hesitate? Step on the gas and takes a second to move?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes exactly. I'm at a loss. This truck only has 20000 miles and is out of factory warranty.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
I do not think it has anything to do with switching to shell gas. Shell is a top tier gasoline. Hard to diagnose this problem over the internet without driving the truck. Only happens 2 a week, how many times does it drive normal? Does it happen on flat or hills or both? I like to check free stuff first. I still would check the transmission fluid and see if it is good. They do not like to be low on fluid since with work off of pressure.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It drives normal probably 99 percent of the time. I switched to Shell gas under the recommendation of my local Nissan dealership. It doesn't matter the surface, up, down or level. It's kinda like an old carbureted car with a bad accelerator pump if that helps. I will double check all the fluids. Thank you for your reply.👌

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Frontier PRO-4X Crew Cab
159 Posts
Idunno, could just be the computer/transmission learning. Every automatic vehicle I've ever been in has behaved like this at one point or another.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's weird. 8 had an 09 SE and never had a problem with this issue. Who knows? Thanks for replying.

·
Premium Member
694 Posts
Consider also there's the whole drive by computer system. You could install a pedal controller that will male it better responsive too.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Consider also there's the whole drive by computer system. You could install a pedal controller that will male it better responsive too.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk
If there is a real problem a petal controller will not help.

Reactions: bearman1216

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I really feel a hesitation, this should not happen with a 2016 truck with ONLY 20000 miles.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
What have you checked so far?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nothing, just switched to Shell gas and added Sea foam fuel injection cleaner.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Well confirm the transmission fluid is good first. Also if it drives good 99% of the time that’s not bad. Sometimes when I switch from drive to reverse it takes a second. I also get my transmission flushed every 30k miles. some say it is overkill but it is my truck and my money. If you are really concerned take it to a trusted local mechanic and have look into it.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Did this happen before switching to shell gas and adding sea foam?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It did happen before switching to Shell. That's why I switched to Shell in hopes of correcting the problem.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts