Nissan Frontier Forum banner

Here is a new noise for ya

3K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  SnarfFrontier_06 
#1 ·
I keep hearing an electronic like morse code sound in the stereo system periodicly during both cd & radio playback. Any ideas or suggestions on what is causing this and jow to get rid of it.

Binge

#2 ·
When you say CD, is it an MP3 CD? And when you say radio, is it satellite radio? Sometimes digital signals have a "hiccup" and this is the sound I get. I don't have satellite radio, but its still a digital signal. If the CD is burned by "blemished" files, you can get that morse code sound.

If you get it with a regular CD and regualr radio, I have no idea.

#9 ·
i have cingular, and no walkie talkie, and my phone always messes with speakers. the TV, head phones, comptuer, truck, it messes with them all. but normally only when it rings. sometimes for some freak reason it will do it with out it ringing, but only for a couple seconds.

#12 ·
Mine is also cingular w/o a walkie but it does this even more than my tmobile did, just out of the blue not even when getting a call or text message. I have not noticed it in my new fronty yet though, I usually keep the phone in my pocket or one of the front cup holders.

#13 ·
Cell phones make that noise whenever they ring or sometimes to update tower info. Cell phones are very cheaply made and I really don't know how they even pass the FCC standards set for not screwing with other electronics.

#15 ·
pretty much anything with active speakers will be affected by cellphones. The electromagnetic flux that the cell signal creates passes through the wires in the stereo causing a change in voltage in the wires (induction)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.