Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 Frontier LE 4x4 and I'm having a hard time finding rear bearing hubs with the spindle/ lug mounts . Rockauto only has the rear bearing and I think I need the outer bearing assembly. Also what is expect in replace the rear bearing assembly? Am I going to have to remove the axel? I ordered the fronts and seem easy since there's nothing that needs to be pressed into place. Is that the case for the rears?

·
Registered
6,568 Posts
First question is why do you think you need a new rear bearing? The rear bearing is not as simple as unbolting and bolting back on. Here is a diagram of the rear axle. You have a c200k.

I believe the bearing is part #43210
Going to flip through my Factory service manual (FSM) to research a little more.

Well the process is similar to the the m266 but not exact. Pull all the brake then parking brake hardware. Pull axle out of housing along with spacers and bearing. FSM to pull spacers/retainers and bearing with puller, though I suspect you can simply cut and split off as you are not reusing them. Here is the write up I used for my M266; too bad no more pictures. Tons of you tube videos though if you search
http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f23/diy-axle-seals-bearings-m226-72252/

You don't see very many write up on the C200K axle cause they typically do not have the premature failing oil seal.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First question is why do you think you need a new rear bearing? The rear bearing is not as simple as unbolting and bolting back on. Here is a diagram of the rear axle. You have a c200k.

I believe the bearing is part #43210
Going to flip through my Factory service manual (FSM) to research a little more.

Well the process is similar to the the m266 but not exact. Pull all the brake then parking brake hardware. Pull axle out of housing along with spacers and bearing. FSM to pull spacers/retainers and bearing with puller, though I suspect you can simply cut and split off as you are not reusing them. Here is the write up I used for my M266; too bad no more pictures. Tons of you tube videos though if you search
http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f23/diy-axle-seals-bearings-m226-72252/

You don't see very many write up on the C200K axle cause they typically do not have the premature failing oil seal.

Welll I figured if my fronts are shot and I'm going to replace them, might as well do the rears since they are original as well. I'm sure they are due for replacement. Plus I'm drive to PA from Florida here soon so would be bad if they went out on me. What I'm thinking of doing is just pull the axle out and take it to a shop and have them take off the old ones and press on the new ones. I did managed to find a YouTube video and they guy didn't need to undo the parking break. He was able to undo the bolts through a key hole on the bearing spindle. He flip the rotor around and bolted it on and pulled on it a few times and the axle came right out.

·
Registered
6,568 Posts
Welll I figured if my fronts are shot and I'm going to replace them, might as well do the rears since they are original as well. I'm sure they are due for replacement. Plus I'm drive to PA from Florida here soon so would be bad if they went out on me. What I'm thinking of doing is just pull the axle out and take it to a shop and have them take off the old ones and press on the new ones. I did managed to find a YouTube video and they guy didn't need to undo the parking break. He was able to undo the bolts through a key hole on the bearing spindle. He flip the rotor around and bolted it on and pulled on it a few times and the axle came right out.
Sounds like you have a plan. How many miles on the truck?

·
Registered
6,568 Posts
But I can't find a rear bearing hub with the spindle. Idk if they are able to take off the old spindle and reuse it.
Your terms are confusing. No spindle in the rear axle. The axle shaft is a reuse part. You just need the bearing. Part number is listed in the diagram. THe FSM said something about not reusing the ABS tone ring and bearing spacers.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Your terms are confusing. No spindle in the rear axle. The axle shaft is a reuse part. You just need the bearing. Part number is listed in the diagram. THe FSM said something about not reusing the ABS tone ring and bearing spacers.
Sorry for the confusion. I'm talking about the part that houses the bolt for the lug nuts. I've called it drop spindles/lug studs.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Sorry for the confusion. I'm talking about the part that houses the bolt for the lug nuts. I've called it drop spindles/lug studs.

That is a part of the shaft. If you want to replace all of it you need to buy an entire axle shaft. If you do that they come loaded with bearings and seal so you pull the old one out and put the new one in and you're done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts