Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a set of JBA shorties for my 2008 Frontier 4.0L. Are there any in-depth pictures or a perhaps a video that would help me with the install? A list of tools or any other tips would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
I installed them on my 08, let me start off with its gonna be a bit of a challenge. My biggest recommendation is remove the two motor mount bolts and jack the engine up a bit (otherwise you wont be able to remove stock headers). The heat shield will be a bit tricky to get off as well, i just bent the hell out of mine to maneuver it out of the engine bay. JUst be patient and youll get through, all in all not extremely difficult.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I didn't unbolt the motor from the mounts. I put the front frame on jackstands, and took my front tires off. Then I took out the inner fenders and worked through there.

I had to bend the heat shields up pretty bad but they came out. The bolts that hold the heat shield broke off in my manifolds.

I also took the o2 sensors out and dropped the cats for more room.

It was quite a project, mostly because I did it alone, but it wasn't that bad.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
I didn't unbolt the motor from the mounts. I put the front frame on jackstands, and took my front tires off. Then I took out the inner fenders and worked through there.

I had to bend the heat shields up pretty bad but they came out. The bolts that hold the heat shield broke off in my manifolds.

I also took the o2 sensors out and dropped the cats for more room.

It was quite a project, mostly because I did it alone, but it wasn't that bad.
I agree with this method. Between going through the inner fender area and through the top, you can get to everything you need to. I also removed my cats to allow more room for the headers to get in & out. Also, it is usually easier to either cut up or bend flat, the heat shields to get them out.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Post video's please of exhaust tone and from the fender area please, I may have a exhaust leak and I have no clue where its comming from (probably the flange where headers meet cats). Or its comming from the cams...... not sure. Also Patience is the key for installing these and GOOP :)

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
yea, we went throught the wheel well too. The removal is much worse then the install

1 - 7 of 7 Posts