Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Howdy all. New to forum, been searching for hours without finding what Im looking for so if this has been answered elsewhere, forgive me. I have a 2012 Frontier Crew SV with the 6 disk factory head unit. Im wanting to replace this unit with a Pioneer AVH-200EX that has backup camera. PLEASE someone tell me there is an adapter that will work with my system that will retain steering wheel controls. I don't really care about keeping the XM radio. Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
992 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Really looking for a plug and play harness that plugs directly into factory wiring harness. Surely there has got to be a harness that does this without having to go to great lengths to modify the system. I simply want to add an aftermarket head unit and retain steering wheel controls.

·
Premium Member
7,268 Posts
Really looking for a plug and play harness that plugs directly into factory wiring harness. Surely there has got to be a harness that does this without having to go to great lengths to modify the system. I simply want to add an aftermarket head unit and retain steering wheel controls.
Good luck finding one. As far as I know there's no "plug and play" harness that covers everything. If you're truck has the Rockford Fosgate sound system, you'll need adaptor harnesses for the main connections, an adaptor harness to interface with the factory RF amp, an adaptor harness for the USB audio port (if you have one), an adaptor harness for the OEM radio antenna, an adaptor harness for the OEM XM antenna (if you have it), and a steering wheel control interface (I prefer the Axxess ASWC-1) to get everything working. The only thing left is the OEM rear camera, which might take some splicing to get it working with the aftermarket head unit.

If your truck had the non-RF system, it would be slightly easier... but not a 5 minute plug-and-play, nonetheless.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good luck finding one. As far as I know there's no "plug and play" harness that covers everything. If you're truck has the Rockford Fosgate sound system, you'll need adaptor harnesses for the main connections, an adaptor harness to interface with the factory RF amp, an adaptor harness for the USB audio port (if you have one), an adaptor harness for the OEM radio antenna, an adaptor harness for the OEM XM antenna (if you have it), and a steering wheel control interface (I prefer the Axxess ASWC-1) to get everything working. The only thing left is the OEM rear camera, which might take some splicing to get it working with the aftermarket head unit.

If your truck had the non-RF system, it would be slightly easier... but not a 5 minute plug-and-play, nonetheless.
So After some research, ive concluded my truck does not have th Rockford Fosgate system, nor is it amplified, it does have the built in 6 disk changer, Bluetooth, and steering wheel controls. I would like to keep the steering wheel controls. Any ideas on what adapter I need to get to keep those?

Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
7,268 Posts
So After some research, ive concluded my truck does not have th Rockford Fosgate system, nor is it amplified, it does have the built in 6 disk changer, Bluetooth, and steering wheel controls. I would like to keep the steering wheel controls. Any ideas on what adapter I need to get to keep those?

Thanks!!
Same answer: Axxess ASWC-1

·
Registered
32 Posts
Howdy all. New to forum, been searching for hours without finding what Im looking for so if this has been answered elsewhere, forgive me. I have a 2012 Frontier Crew SV with the 6 disk factory head unit. Im wanting to replace this unit with a Pioneer AVH-200EX that has backup camera. PLEASE someone tell me there is an adapter that will work with my system that will retain steering wheel controls. I don't really care about keeping the XM radio. Thanks in advance!!

iDatalink Maestro RR or Maestro SW would be my suggestion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts