Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sorry to bring this up as I know it has been numerous times. In the last 5k I have installed the nisstec extended travel kit with 600lb radflos. Since the lift I have a pretty annoying clunk in the front end like a bolt is loose. I have also replaced the lower shock bolt which has helped others out with no luck. I've checked everything multiple times, and have called nisstec asking there advice to no avail. Got crawling around under the truck and was hoping for some feedback from people (maybe with photos) of there rear cam bolts and how tight they squeezed the brackets when tightening them up. Here is what mine looks like and it's clean all the way around the mount from what I guess is to much movement.

You can see what I'm saying on the right side of the picture.
Sorry for the long post just hoping for some imput as this clunk is getting on my nerves.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
60 Posts
Think this is from coil bucket contact? Not familiar with these lifts. Someone else will prob chime in with more info

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,913 Posts
First would be CBC. how much lift are you running? Stock UCAs?

2nd would be a pic of the LCA mounts (both sides) both F & R. Are the eccentric cams sitting flat between the 2 alignment tabs that the eccentric cams adjust between? Are they snugged down tight? Torque spec is 100 ft/lb or a bit more as I remember from last time I touched mine. If you don't have a torque wrench and don't have a Harbor Freight near, then crank on them till you're killing yourself (with a regular socket wrench) or with a breaker bar or cheater bar, really really tight. If HF is nearby, GET a tq wrench.

3rd would be looking for loose or worn joints.

4th would be if you ARE running a tall lift, AND you have SPC/PRG/TC UCAs I'd suspect the swaybar endlinks. remove the swaybar, run around the block hitting bumps & such, get the front to flex at some speed similar to what currently causes it to clunk, and see if it does with the sway removed. If this is the issue, PRG has some extended endlinks listed under the Titan parts menu. Whats happening there is the endlinks come close to in-line with the end of the swaybar. Then they can bind for a moment.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's not coil bucket contact I'm running spc upper arms. Coilover's are set around 2" of lift and the eccentric cams are sitting in the grooves where they should be. I have the sway bar sitting in the corner of the garage so it's not the end links, ball joints, wheel bearings and everything else else is tight with no play. I'll try cranking the cam bolts some more tomorrow, I can't move them anymore with a 1/2 ratchet so I'll get the breaker bar on them.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I remember a thread about something similar. It was something to do with the bolt in the lower shock mount.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I remember a thread about something similar. It was something to do with the bolt in the lower shock mount.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Lower shock bolt has already been replaced with a non tapered one.

Reactions: NYCe_Frontier
1 - 6 of 6 Posts