Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, a friend somehow got superglue on his hood while trying to glue a piece of his bug shield back on. It's not spuer glue drops, it looks more like he got it on his hand and smudged it on his paint. Anybody know of anything that will take it off w/o destroying the paint. So far we have tried WD40, Goo B Gone, and Finger nail polish remover. Any ideas would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Some kind of solvent might work. My dad is big into golf so we have a lot of grip solvent at out house and that will work on just about anything. I don't think it will really harm the paint too bad, but not 100% sure on it. Whatever you do get it off with make sure you wash it really good and hit it with a coat of wax afterwards.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Acetone usually works, but i see you tried nail polish remover.
it could of been a non acetone remover. try acetone, but test it under the hood so if it does harm the pain you learn it where you wont see it instead of bare metal in the middle of your hood.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Acetone won't hurt your paint , I've used it hundreds of times, a stronger cleaner, however is Laquer thinner, which I use all the time on thousands of cars. Soak a rag in the thinner lay it on the glue spot and let it sit several minutes, then wipe away and follow with your favorite polish.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Occam's razor my dude. Sand/buff it off. Get some billion grit sand paper and obliterate the glue. Any other high grit will work if billion grit isn't available

1 - 8 of 8 Posts