Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok so my frontiers cd player started showing a failure code a while back. All the tech guys said, " Its shot". So i buy a boss cs/usb player. I take my old unit out, realize that some idiot has cut the harness off, and straight wired it to the cd player... why do people do this????

Anyways i hook up the new unit color code the same as the old one. However now there is one blue wire sticking out the back of the new unit. Its a remote power/amp or something. My tech guy says that has to be wired to the frontiers factory amp to put tunes through speakers... however i dont think i unhooked one on the other unit. Theres 3 wires left in the dash. All of them has some type of voltage on them, so this cant work. And they have beenc cut so as too not short out on somehting... ideas anyone!!!!!

thanks GRATEFULLY

Michael

·
Registered
5,939 Posts
do you have any sound coming from the speakers? if so you dont have a factory amp so the wire isnt needed. just secure it out of the way. what eles does your system consist of?

·
Registered
370 Posts
do you have the rockford fosgate system? plus what are the 3 extra wires (colors) the blue wire is a power signal to an external amp and sends a signal to amp that hu is on. if you dont have an amp dont worrya bout it. the others wires are prob important. you said you have no sound but do you have power?

·
Registered
5,939 Posts
you need to hit up a junk yard or scoche for the reverse harness. thats the harness that actually comes from the truck. then get the adapter for your deck, thats what the decks harness will connect to. then just start this all over.

·
Registered
890 Posts
just check all the wires, tone the speaker wires see if you can get the speakers to do anything (you can use a battery, just make sure they are infact speaker wires)
Battery PINK (+) RADIO HARNESS (yellow on deck)
Accesory BLUE (+) RADIO HARNESS (red on deck)
Ground ----------------------(black on deck, put this wire straight to metal under the dash)
Illumination RED/BLUE (+) RADIO HARNESS (dont really need)
Dimmer RED/YELLOW (+) RADIO HARNESS (dont need)
LF Speaker (+) PINK (white on radio harness)
LF Speaker (-) BLUE (white/black on radio harness)
RF Speaker (+) WHITE (grey on radio harness)
RF Speaker (-) BLACK (grey/black on radio harness)
LR Speaker (+) LIGHT GREEN (green on radio harness)
LR Speaker (-) VIOLET (green/black on radio harness)
RR Speaker (+) BLUE (purple on radio harness)
RR Speaker (-) PINK (purple/black on radio harness)

you can get another factory harness from a bestbuy if you have one local, or online,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts