Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 frontier 4x4 and I am interested in doing a t swap on it. I am aware of the parts I need to get for it but I had a question regarding the 4x4. Is there any way I can just by pass the 4x4 and do a t swap as if my frontier was 2wd? I also heard the Infiniti qx56's front axles will fit right into the r180 diff. Any advice or help would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
5,729 Posts
Why do all that and make it two wheel drive? Just curious as to why?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
but I could do this in the meantime while I gather up the funds to buy a m205? I just want to t swap it and be able to drive it while I try looking for a m205.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just been wanting to do the t swap for a while already but I haven't had luck on finding a use m205 and I don't have the money to buy a new one and I think the extended axles from prg and nisstec are a waste of time and money. I would do the 2wd t swap it would just be for looks for right now until I got my hands on a m205.

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
You can do it, but there is no cheap way to run 4x4 with your r180 short of finding a good deal on used axles. Just take the driveshaft off your r180 and pull the axles off and you're magically a 2wd.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea I been looking. I did have luck running into a m205 came off of a 2009 titan 4x4 but I read somewhere that it wouldn't work with my frontier 4x4 because of the gear ratio of the titan 4x4 diff (2.94 and 3.36) Idk if you guys could elaborate more on this cause if its a go then ill jump on it. has less then 20k on it.

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
It's possible to re gear a diff, but your gears need to match front to back to retain 4x4 function. If you have a nismo you should have a 3.36 ratio (unless you have a 6 speed), in which case if I'm not mistaken you need a diff from an off road titan or one with the big tow package to match.

·
Premium Member
5,729 Posts
I have a 180 in my truck.I also bought one to run lower gears in.The weak point that fail is the spider gears.If you install a locker in the front you get rid of the spiders.
For the majority of people T/S is great but for what I do, it was a waste of money.
I have a complete T/S swap minus shocks for sale(unless you are going to hoops,Fox 2.5 reservoir).

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah I saw the t swap kit your selling but its kinda out of my price range for right now. Are you running a m205 or just extended axles?

I do eventually want to try jump the truck but IDk cause it is my daily driver right now. I just want it for the basic off roading and for the pre runner style. So should I just go with the extended axles from prg with the locker?

·
Premium Member
5,729 Posts
I am running extended axles but they are for longer arms than PRG.
Sounds like you want more of a pre-runner type truck rather than a crawler.I would go with an automatic locker like the "Lokka".The ARB if you are into serious crawling.
If you go with a 205,you are going to have to buy a ring and pinion ,installation kit to match the rear.Plus pay to have it installed,unless you do it yourself.
Where are you located in California?
Really want to sell it all together but I will think about it.
I would advise not jumping your truck.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah I probably wont jump it just a crazy thought lol. I probably will buy a used prerunner already fixed up so I can trash in the dunes and stuff. I just really want to do the t swap for better front suspension and for looks. Yeah I live in Indio CA its in the Coachella Valley area.

I am looking at this kit that a guy is selling. He wants 1200 for the titan lca/uca, heimd steering rods and hes throwing in a fiberwerx front fender. The lca is not the stock titan one this one is aftermarket but I would still have to buy the extended axles, shocks, extended brake lines and tie rods.

Well instead I can buy the titan stock uca/lca for less then 200.

·
Premium Member
5,729 Posts
The stock upper control arms will not clear the coil bucket and will limit your droop.
Sounds a bit expensive if you ask me.
What do you mean by aftermarket lca?
The Fiberwerks fenders are around $400.The PRG tie rods are less than 200.That means he wants $600 for the arms.That does not sound like a deal to me.
We test in Landers.Friends have homes out there just for off roading.My truck is out there.Make an offer on everything but the leaf springs.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The lca are welded and built more strong and sturdy then a stock one and the uca looks like an aftermarket as well. I wish I could send you a pic of the items he's selling.

I had offered 700 for the lca,heimd steering rods and the fender.

I know you probably want at least 1000 for your kit without the leaf but idk if I can do that price at least not right now. I would offer 800 for everything cause that's my max limit right now.

·
Premium Member
5,729 Posts
Sorry ,can't sell that low.I am in no rush to sell.The good thing is I don't want to ship and I can meet you in Landers.
They are probably boxed lca.They usually do that with crawlers.They might be E-Bay uppers.If they were PRG,Total Chaos or other quality arms,they would mention it.

·
Premium Member
5,729 Posts
How about $1150? If you want them,I will hold them for you.No rush.I don't need to sell them.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well I definetly want then but idk how long it will take to get the money I hoping not that long but if your willing to wait for me then that would be awesome. So I can stop stressing about this stuff and just focus on getting the money!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts