Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was having some trouble with my Hella 500 driving lights. They stopped working. so I tried to go back through and re wire the kit.

To test them, I started my truck, and then the truck slowly died.

The fuses look good upon inspection.

any ideas?

·
Super Moderator
12,703 Posts
What exactly does the truck do when you try to start it?
Anything at all, like clicking?
Do any of the accessories work like headlights, radio etc.?

How were the Hellas wired in the first place?
Were they on their own harness or did you use some existing wiring in the truck?

Some more details will help us help you.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Headlights work.
Dome light is working.
When key is in ignition, the alarm beeps to remind me of it.

No radio power. Not starting.
No clicking when trying to start.

Hellas were wired to a relay, but once the truck stopped running today, I un plugged everything to the light relay.

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
What about your ground? Did you have to move it or adjust it in any manner to get these lights hooked up?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I checked the fuse box inside the truck, on the passenger side near glove box.

I also checked the 2 fuse boxes near the battery.

I only swapped the wires at the relay. I did not move the bolt that is the ground, only where the ground wire went into the relay.

·
Registered
5,939 Posts
you didnt mess with the pos or neg terminals on the battery at all? even if you didnt, try to twist them. if they move tighten them up and try to start the truck again. it could have nothing to do with the lights. this has happened to my truck a couple of times.

·
Registered
6,057 Posts
try jumping the truck. maybe you drained the battery testing the lights? unlikely but start with the easy stuff first. the stock battery isn't known to be that great anyways.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Clean and tighten your battery terminals and main engine ground. Check your fusable link. Really sounds like a fusable link.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok, got it up and running.

It was a fuse that I didn't quite realize was a fuse... I thought it was a relay! lol

DOH!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts