Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i tried to take it off but the lowest nut that i started on, it will get lose but then spin and i can take it all the way off. Do i have to like hold the inside where the rubber is. The nut im talking about is the lowest one, under the LCA and has a rubber cover on the oppisite side of the nut, the nut cana be twisted only so far then everything spins together not letting me take it all the way off. Let me know guys.

Aloha
Jon

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
the inside is sorta round, nothing like a wrench right?? i haven't really notice but it seemed rounds to me, i will go check. How much travel would i gain without that thing. Anyone have pictures of theres removed up close. please post. Do the rubber joints able to be removed??

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
you can beat the ball/socket joint part, apart. Thats what I did, I couldnt get mine off either. I used a regular framing hammer. You'll have little nubs left over, but they wont hurt anything. If I knew how to post pics with the camera I got I'd show you, but hopefully you understand.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
i'd try to get vise grips on the round part after the rubber boot. just make sure they are tight and rest against the LCA for leverage. spray that nut with PB blaster or some other penetrating oil. then crank away on the nut. place the vise grips the right way, you may not even damage the ball joint part, in case u decide to reinstall later

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
dude see above, pretty self explanatory

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
If vice grips don't help, you can take a drill and drill a hole part of the way through the nut making sure NOT to go deep enough to hit the bolt (a piece of tape wrapped around the bit helps). Then take a chisel about the length of the nut, line it up over the hole and parallel with the bolt, and give it a few good wacks with a hammer. With any luck it'll split open enough to loosen. Of course you'll need to replace the nut then.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
good looking out jeff. looks like he may have made it round

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
LMAO....u put them back in? kids might flip out

1 - 16 of 16 Posts