Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I going to hook up my new CB Radio tomorrow but not sure of how to run the antenna cable. I am going mount it in the bed and was wondering how everyone ran there antenna cable to the bed. I know some of you guys have your antenna in the bed. So let me know what you have come up with.

So far all I see is the hard route of going from the radio box through the firewall and under the truck to the bed. Anyone have a simpler way of doing things???

·
Registered
5,077 Posts
what if you took it under the truck and drilled a small hole near the floor. Might be difficult locating where to put it, but when I do get mine that is how it is going to go

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
isn't there a grommet under the passenger or driver seat?
I have no clue. I will take a look tomorrow. If so that would kick a$s. I am mounting the radio in the center console so that would work perfect.

what if you took it under the truck and drilled a small hole near the floor. Might be difficult locating where to put it, but when I do get mine that is how it is going to go
Drilling through the floor is my last choice. I am willing to drill it if I have no other options.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
isn't there a grommet under the passenger or driver seat?
^there's grommets/plugs everywhere in the cab.. pop one or a few out and thread a wire though to see where it pops out; pulling a portion of the carpet/padding will be required. :willy_nilly:

I used a "raw" pl259 connector for my antenna so a small(er) hole is used.

G/L!

·
Registered
579 Posts
I put me antena on the front, so I can't help you with a bed mount. But I can say that the way I did mine was through the main cable hole in the firewall in front of the driver seat.

But mostly I wanted to tell you to check out my thread (link below) that shows how I mounted the radio itself. You have to scroll down a bit because it was kinda 2 threads in one. Check out posts 10-12

http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f23/my-new-install-next-mod-46899/

·
Registered
551 Posts
im doin mine tonight or tomorrow...in the bed, on the front corners there is a pocket on both side in the front corners if you feel up in there you will see. the pockets run straight down thru so you can run the wire for the antenna up thru there. you will just need to fish a wire or string down thru to pull the wire up thru there. if i can find my cam i will post pics to show.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
thanks everyone

I will check it out when I get off work.

I put me antena on the front, so I can't help you with a bed mount. But I can say that the way I did mine was through the main cable hole in the firewall in front of the driver seat.

But mostly I wanted to tell you to check out my thread (link below) that shows how I mounted the radio itself. You have to scroll down a bit because it was kinda 2 threads in one. Check out posts 10-12

http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f23/my-new-install-next-mod-46899/
that looks nice, I have the same radio. I am installing mine in the center console and I think I may hook up an external speaker like you did. What speaker are you running and where did you get it?

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
Behind the rear seat on the driver's side.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Behind the rear seat on the driver's side.

just looked behind my seat and see that vent. Thanks a lot mike. That just saved me a lot of time.

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
Im get mine hooked up properly in time for Harlan. Thanks mike

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
wow, use English much?
I do but at that very moment i was doing some research for my solid axle swap. I was looking up brackets and upgrades to do to the D44.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I do but at that very moment i was doing some research for my solid axle swap. I was looking up brackets and upgrades to do to the D44.
You should look up Webster and begin reading that haha j/k

I can't wait to get my CB hooked up. I need to go buy a few things for the mic cable and antenna cable.

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
You should look up Webster and begin reading that haha j/k

I can't wait to get my CB hooked up. I need to go buy a few things for the mic cable and antenna cable.
What antenna cable do you plan on going with ??? with that said you should ask Mr.Plow about his mod he did to put it on his Utli-trac system. If you have it that is.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
remember that vent has a "one way" flap dealie... some dust/crud will come into the cab with it not sealing completely.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
What antenna cable do you plan on going with ??? with that said you should ask Mr.Plow about his mod he did to put it on his Utli-trac system. If you have it that is.
I am going to make up my own mount for the utilitrack system. The antenna is on a magnetic base for now though.
remember that vent has a "one way" flap dealie... some dust/crud will come into the cab with it not sealing completely.
hmmm I might have figure something out with it then. Thanks for the heads up.

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
Yeah my antenna is on a magnetic base too lol

1 - 20 of 43 Posts