Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While leaving a motel today, I accidentally while slowly turning and backing out of a parking space I hit a cement post with my 2006 Frontier. I didn't notice it unitIl I got home and noticed the bumper was pushed against the right side of the body. Is there anything I can do to try and fix this? Are there alignment bolts that need to be loosened? or do I need to take this to the dealer and most likely be faced with a giant bill? My tailgate was pushed over about a half inch and would not close properly when opened. I have since removed it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! in advance. I can't believe how a very light impact which made a dent in the bumper the size of a marble and didn't even make a mark on the post could create such a problem. Dana

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
Take it a body shop.

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
what bumper do you have? the chrome ones you can straighten. but you may need to take it off and take it apart. Mine was pushed 2" into my bed, took me a few swats with a BFH and some blocks of wood to fix it. Best part is. If it's all screwed up, what harm is there in trying to fix it your self.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a chrome bumper which still looks to be in great shape except that it is shifted over
an inch or so to the left side.
Dana

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
sorry to hear bout' the injury.. use a come along/hi-lift and some nylon straps to tweak'er around... Just a suggestion.

G/L

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
I used the Nissan jack and a couple of blocks of wood, and "jacked" mine back. Its slow so you cant do much damage. Just got to find good jack placement first.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts