Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here we go , bought a 2000 frontier 4x4 v6 ,truck shakes from rear and shakes to floor of driver seat only from about 45-60 . I'm a handy guy but am LOST . Took it to a mechanic and they can't figure it out either . This is what I have done so far all after this issue started ..Shocks, new wheels and tires , rebalanced driveshaft , 3 u joints with carrier bearing , put diff rear axles in from junk yard just to see also . Sway bar end links for the hell of it . Rear brakes don't lock and are good and yoke has no play on rear . Could it be the bed ? Or leafs . Hard to tell when u drive .. Please HELP It did it when I bought it but thought it was something stupid and here I am pissed

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gonna check tranny mount today . Maybe bearing in rear yoke ? Kinda stumped on what could be left . If I take it to another shop might rape me .

·
Registered
337 Posts
Does it go away after you get to 60, or does it start like you said and just keeps vibrating more, the faster you go? Does it do it at that speed regardless of what gear it's in? I would check your rear spring connections, maybe there is a lot of play, that you can't see, and when it shifts the weight of the rear comes out of balance. If it was the bed, I would think you could see it vibrating. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Is it lifted? If so,could the pinion angle be too far out of spec?

·
Premium Member
5,749 Posts
Also, is it related to vehicle speed only? Is it different if you reach those speeds in a different gear? Is it different with your foot on or off the throttle? Different if you slips the trans in to neutral? Does the feeling change if you steer left and right? Is there anything in the bed like a rubber bed mat, drop in bedliner, tool box? Is the tailgate, latch and hinges good and tight? Does the truck have a roof rack? Is the roof rack tight?

Also, who did the wheel balancing?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Trans was tight wheels are all new and thought was problem with old wheels so bought all new stuff . Shake goes away under 45mph and over about 60-65 . Not lifted but kinda feel a shake in steering wheel a little . But might just be the heavy shake from the rear . Nothing in bed basically simple truck

Haven't tried that speed in a different gear though . Still feels like shake from back but wondering if it's front and just over shaking whole thing

Gonna try more tomorrow

·
Registered
459 Posts
My truck had similar issues. It would also wander around lanes. Turned out to be bad lower control arm ball joints and bad wheel bearings. This sounds like a wheel bearing issue if youve already checked out your u joints. Some wheel bearings pass the "shimmy test" but still need replacing. Mine was one of them. It just didnt rotate smoothly.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Has it been in an accident? (Frame bent etc.)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts