Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't drive my truck for the better part of a month and over that time had the battery disconnected and reconnected a few times while I installed some fuse blocks and a new battery terminal. Now I'm getting a P0603 Code ( P0603 Internal Control Module Keep Alive Memory Error OBDII Engine Light Trouble Code | Engine-Codes.com ) The Battery is showing 12.4 ish volts turned off and 14.4 volts or so turned on. To get the factory fuse stuff that attaches to the positive side of the battery to mount onto the new terminal I had to stack a few washers in between to get things to bolt up Could this be an issue?.
I read a few threads that said leaving the battery disconnected for a few hours (much less a few weeks) could cause this code to be thrown as well. Is this still an issue with the newer frontiers? I've cleared the CEL and so far it hasn't come back on but the code seems to be stored in the memory still.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,042 Posts
that error is because of leaving the truck disconnected for an extended period of time.
i had the same code on my 07 when i tossed the new motor in, it went away by the 3rd start up and drive though.

sorry i didnt finish reading your whole post before i composed mine. i cant remember if mine is still stored in memory or not. i dont know if there is another way other than the dealer to have it cleared. im sure there is though.
ill check tonight when i get home and see.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! that's what I was hoping, i didn't know how the new battery terminal would have been causing a problem and I wasn't to excited about having to take it off. Gotta like Nissan's, last time I left it for a week or so without driving it with the battery hooked up the battery was dead when I went to try and start it, this time I disconnected the battery to avoid that and it throws and CEL... some days this Frontier tests my patience a little lol

·
Premium Member
3,880 Posts
^Nice setup, looks familiar;)

I haven't had any issues with mine setup just like that for the past 4 years or so. Its got to be from just leaving it disconnected for so long.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks glamisdude, I was struggling for ideas how to mount the positive cable for the one fuse block till I came across your thread with the fancy battery terminal. Thanks for sharing!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts