Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone! let me start by saying that I am new here and I want to apologize in advanced if I am posting on the wrong site, but I read everything and this seemed like the most logical place to post. I just purchased an 05 Nismo 4x4 King cab Frontier with 106k miles; The truck isn't perfect, it has a clean tittle, but there are signs that it was involved in an accident. I use my frontier as a work truck, and since I live in Florida I occasionally go through some muddy trails. I also own an 06 4runner 2wd and I have some wheels from my 4runner laying around; they are brand new and I want to fit them on my frontier; however, they are 33" (295/55r20) and 11 inches wide, and also the lug pattern changes, so I will be using 1.25" spacers from 114.3 to 139.7 mm. Now my main question is how can I clear the wheels? What lift kit should I use? I do not want to spend as much money because money is very tight right now, so if anybody can give me advice on what I can do or if I shouldn't do it at all; I would really appreciate it.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I have 265/70 r17 comes out to about 31 inch with @2.5 inch suspension up front along with 2 inch body and wheel spacers I had to do a good amount of trimming/melting.

·
Registered
895 Posts
A 295/55-20 is about the same size a 285/75-16
see here:
https://www.tacomaworld.com/tirecalc?tires=295-55r20-285-75r16

There are a lot a clubfrontier members running over sized 285/75-16 33" tires with 2 to 3 inches lift.
The thing is most of us running this 285/75-16 are on stock nissan rims/wheels.

The problem you are going to have with your 295/55-20 and the (I am assuming) after market rims,, is the offset of the rims and add to that the wheel spacer , it is going to make your tires/wheels/rims stick out way past your fender and when you try to turn your steering wheel it is going to rub/hit your pinch weld and front bumper/fender really bad even with a 2 to 3 inch lift.

Not saying it cant be done but I am guessing you would have to do a lot of trimming on the fender.

For a cheap budget lift you could look at something like a spacer and add-a-leaf or a spacer and a lift shackle , here are some from Nisstec or look for something similar on Ebay:
*SALE* NissTec 2" Lift Kit ('05+ Frontier) - Nisstec Lifts: Nissan Lift Kits: XTerra Lift Kits, Frontier Lift Kits, Titan Lift Kits, Nissan Truck Lift Kits

http://www.nissteclifts.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=59149&category_id=162&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=72

There is something else you should look at....your rear leaf springs are most likely flat/worn out , very common on the Frontier and Xterra.

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
I have 285/75/16's (with 2" lift) and had to get 1.25" wheel spacers because my new wheels weren't clearing the calipers. I had to do major melting, trim down the pinch-weld and even trim down the under corner of the body down there underneath the pinch-weld. It all turned out pretty nice but it was a bit of work for there to be no rubbing.

The wheel spacers are the killer, the tires alone won't rub that bad but the spacers throw everything to hell. I like mine but even if I had 3" lift I still would have had to do all that stuff.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts