Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this sounds odd - but can someone from the states and someone in Oz (plus any others - ideally europe) next time they are in their dealer ask the parts guy how much a reversing camera for a Pathfinder (2006) is?

In the UK they are 600 quid = 1,040 USD = 1,463 AUD = 870 EUR .... seriously....

8O 8O 8O

So - if its loads cheaper (like a sensible price) in your country - I want to send someone some dosh for them to buy the camera and post it over to me... in return for a couple of beers or somthing.

I want to add the reversing camera option to my Navara (frontier) - but not at that price!!!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah - but I want to integrate the camera into the existing sat nav screen and display unit.

To this end - the screen / unit needs a camera with an RGBS signal... all the reversing cameras I have seen are all composite... And I dont knwo if it is going to be PAL (UK) NTSC (America) or Secam (other) - and then is it pal 50, pal 60, pal M, pal N etc etc etc...

I guess its going to be NTSC as thats what they use in japan... but who knows what they have done - as the UK Pathfinder comes with a DVD player for the rear - this will obviously play UK dvds (in PAL)

However - I cant believe that they would make different camers for different countries...

Or it might be multistandard...

The UK is such a ripoff - I paid (without tax) 37,000 US dollars for my car... you guys pay, what, 26 - 28K USD? Ten grand buys a lot of beer / tyres / mods :)

Guy

·
Registered
145 Posts
i'd gladly call the dealer and ask em for ya...
but u should deff becareful with the money man...

P's

·
Registered
224 Posts
guydewdney said:
I know this sounds odd - but can someone from the states and someone in Oz (plus any others - ideally europe) next time they are in their dealer ask the parts guy how much a reversing camera for a Pathfinder (2006) is?

In the UK they are 600 quid = 1,040 USD = 1,463 AUD = 870 EUR .... seriously....

8O 8O 8O

So - if its loads cheaper (like a sensible price) in your country - I want to send someone some dosh for them to buy the camera and post it over to me... in return for a couple of beers or somthing.

I want to add the reversing camera option to my Navara (frontier) - but not at that price!!!
can you ck if your navara is pre-wire for reverse camera. and may gogoboi can ck the part # because i have a reverse camera for infinti QX56 lying around here brand new.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts