Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2009 Frontier LE LB crewcab 4X2, power driver seat, no air bag, not leather, not heated

Has anyone here ever changed out/replaced a torn seat cover in this generation of Frontier?

I cannot find any step by step literature on how to do this. I could figure it out on my own if need be but hearing another member's experience(s) with this project would be helpful.

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
3,195 Posts
I haven't done this particular generation, but I've replaced seat covers on several Nissan seats over the years and they are all pretty much the same as far as procedure. You're going to need a good supply of "hog rings" and "hog ring pliers." Remove the seat. Remove the headrest from the upper seat and carefully remove the seat back. Most are usually attached with clips, but some slide up on the back of the seat and have clips at the bottom of the backing. Unbolt the upper seat from the recliner mechanism after removing the finishers. Remove the seat belt buckle assembly. The lower seat cushion upholstery covers some of the plastic finishers and there screws; it has a plastic track on the bottom of the upholstery that keeps it attached. Once the get the sides of the upholstery pulled out of the way, you can get to the finisher screws. You'll have to unbolt the recliner and seat track assembly from the bottom cushion. Use wire cutters to cut through the hog rings and remove the upholstery from the seat, remembering where those attachment points are for the hog rings. If you can put the new upholstery out in the sun or in a dryer to warm it up, it will be more flexible. Reverse procedure to install, using the hog ring pliers and new hog rings to attach the upholstery to the seat.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts