Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a Nissan 2 wheel drive and it leans to the right in the front. I looked for a spring that could be worn or broken and it only has a torsion bar. The upper and lower bushings look a little loose. Is this the problem?:crying::frown:

2001 Nissan 2 Wheel Drive Crew Cab Front has no coil over shock or springs in the front (Looks like just a standard shock) and looks like only the torsion bar connects to the control arm via a long bolt with bushings at the top to connect torsion bar and to the control arm with only a short spacer and cups that hold the rubber bushing Nissan Part Number 08912-7401A

·
Registered
675 Posts
What Yr mileage ? even pics would help us to start to help you. I really don't know where to begin could be strut give us a little more info are you talking about the stabilizer bar?
2's n 4's has a coil over shocks in front looks like a strut to me set up

·
Registered
544 Posts
Should not cost much to bring to an Alignment Shop and have thrown up on the rack and let them tell you what is wrong...

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
If nothing is wrong and it is just sag, you can crank the torsion bars and get more lift. One of the benefits of T-bars.

·
Registered
675 Posts
If nothing is wrong and it is just sag, you can crank the torsion bars and get more lift. One of the benefits of T-bars.
That's actually nice didn't know that I've never had that setup even my friends old Toyota from the 80's had front coil spring

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
Old toyotas had torsion bar springs too. I think in the 90s they started going to coils
Toyota Tech: Upgrading Torsion Bars

A torsion bar spring is the most efficient. Even a coil spring is essentially a torsion bar spring that is wound up. If you paint lines on a coil spring and watch it compress it will actually twist.

Older Chevy's had t-bars too. However one thing they teach you about t-bars is that you should only load them in pure torsion. NO BENDING. The chevy's put the t-bar a couple of inches down from the pivot o the lower control arm, thus there was bending and twisting. Bad for the t-bar thus they had to play with the sizing for durability that affected the ride.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts